Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Is this an angle shoot?

OK long story short...Local $3/5 NL game
Hero is in the BB with $500
Villain is on the Button with similar, Hero barely covers

Hero is holding 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
on a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board and has been taking the lead since a huge c/r on the flop. Villain was the PF raiser and has smooth called all the way down to the river.

Somehow $450 of Hero's $500 is in the middle already. When the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] shows up on the river, Hero pushes all in. Villain only has about ~$40 left. $950 in the pot. He looks down at his stack, then opens his mouth and whispered in an usually soft voice something that sounded like 'call'. Hero believes he has been called and flips over his cards. Upon seeing Hero's hand, Villain slams his cards face up on the table in disgust and shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Dealer mucks Villain's hand and begins to push Hero the pot. At this point Hero points out Villain must also commit his last $40 into the pot since he called. Villain vehemently argues he did not specifically say 'call' but in fact said 'all-in???' (inquiring whether Hero was all-in). Hero says bull$hit and calls floor over. The most important point here is that Villain (purposely) did not speak loud enough for the dealer to clearly understand his intent. Without the dealer backing him, Hero loses in the floor's ruling. But anybody could see that getting almost 24-1 on his river call, there was clearly no way villain could've logically not called. There are four questions here:
Old 02-02-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Is this an angle shoot?

oh good I can be first

1) Is it an angle? not sure if its a full clear angle but it's a little.

2) your the dummy though Be sure you verify the action and its clear, you said you barley heard it , re ask. I do even if i think i do hear it right.

3) Floor is 100% right if the dealer doesnt hear it , guess what he keeps the 40 bucks. Is it concievable that hes going to fold geting 3234987584-1 probably not but that doesnt mean anything even if its a dollar if the dealer cant say that the guy said call or I am all in then your SOL

suck it up ask the dealer wha the action is to you next time.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:41 PM

a) how did you bet your whole stack - 50 on the turn. that's weird.

b) you keep asking these angle questions. I don't think whether people are angle shooting or not is as important as you seem to think. you need to protect yourself, man. you only have yourself to blame.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

b) you keep asking these blah blah blah...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just answer with a simple "Yes" or "No"...that's all I ask...
Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 PM

1. This was not an angle shoot.

4. Hero gets the nut kick for not clarifying the action before tabling his hand.

The dealer did nothing wrong as the villian clearly flipped his cards over to show the bad beat. Had the dealer said something in response to the villian's mumble, then you could blame the dealer.

Next time make sure of the villian's intentions BEFORE tabling your cards and be glad this lesson only cost you $40.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

b) you keep asking these blah blah blah...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just answer with a simple "Yes" or "No"...that's all I ask...

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh FU

I actually was making a point there. There are shades of grey all over the place, and no one in this damn forum knows for sure if the guy said "call" or "all-in" or if he was speaking softly because he was thinking hard or because he was shooting an angle. It's your responsibility to protect yourself, and it would have been a very easy thing to do here. for example, before you flip your cards say "you call?" loud enough for the dealer to hear.

ps: don't be such a douche.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually was making a point there. There are shades of grey all over the place, and no one in this damn forum knows for sure if the guy said "call" or "all-in" or if he was speaking softly because he was thinking hard or because he was shooting an angle. It's your responsibility to protect yourself, and it would have been a very easy thing to do here. for example, before you flip your cards say "you call?" loud enough for the dealer to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK thanks mom.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:56 PM

Could've easily been avoided if you didn't flip your hand so quick. Next time wait until the chips are actually in the pot or the dealer confirms the call.

Lots of 'angles' and confusion would be avoided if people did this more.

[ QUOTE ]
But anybody could see that getting almost 24-1 on his river call, there was clearly no way villain could've logically not called.

[/ QUOTE ]

People do illogical stuff at the table all the time.

b
Old 02-02-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People do illogical stuff at the table all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So True, so true...
Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK thanks mom.

[/ QUOTE ]

he said: don't be a douche.