Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 05:38 AM

Default 1/2 sh: AJs picks up draws on turn

Villain in this hand is pretty new to the table, doesnt seem very good so far but I have not seen any post flop play from him yet.

I don't think villain has been at the table long enough to notice but people have been playing back at me alot, I've been missing and I'm on tilt.

4 handed,1/2 Effective stacks 200.

I open to 8 utg with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], villain calls on the button, sb calls.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked through--- I will usually cont bet here, but I've been told I do it a little too much and it just felt like someone would play back at me on this board.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb checks, I bet 20, Villain raises to 40, sb folds.
I pick up the flush and double belly draw and no one has shown strength so I bet it and get min raised [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

If I call his raise the pot will be 108 with with 152 behind. He is giving me good odds to draw (presuming my draws are live) so is a call good? can we semi bluff shove here, or do I have to fold due to the paired board?

Also does anyone know of a good hand converter for crypto hands? I tried a couple and couldn't get it to work.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 AM

Default Re: 1/2 sh: AJs picks up draws on turn

I would call turn since I think a shove gets called too much
Old 11-29-2006, 06:05 AM

call. i dont think hes folding any Q here so shoving cant be that good. and folding just sucks.

does anyone else check the turn? i dont think i like betting it. any competent villain will raise properly (rather than minraise) and push you off your nice draw.
also if you plan on getting it in on this turn i think ch/r all in is the way to go
Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call turn since I think a shove gets called too much

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2006, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call. i dont think hes folding any Q here so shoving cant be that good. and folding just sucks.

does anyone else check the turn? i dont think i like betting it. any competent villain will raise properly (rather than minraise) and push you off your nice draw.
also if you plan on getting it in on this turn i think ch/r all in is the way to go

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should bet this turn, we have (probably) picked up a nice number of outs and no one else has shown any strength.

C/r ai on the turn doesnt seem good either, we have no reason to think that villain will bet and if he does a push is a huge overbet. If we do just call his limit raise whats the river plan if we hit? c/c seems best but how big a bet are we willing to call? It would be sick to hit either the flush or straight and then face a river push.