Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 04:26 PM

Default AT in MP with interesting flop action

No reads on either players.

Comments on all streets welcome!

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Threads is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Threads raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Threads raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Threads calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, BB calls, Threads calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Threads...?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:41 PM

Default Re: AT in MP with interesting flop action

Folds, If last to act, this is an easy call but a raising war behind you slows me way down.

LLL
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM

Preflop: Standard raise for me.

Flop: I like the raise, and calling BB's 3-bet. MP2's surprise cap pretty much says you're toast but I think you've gotta call.

Turn: You pick up a gutshot and immediate pot odds say call, but I would fold because MP2 will probably raise and it will get very expensive to see the river.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:39 PM

Your T and A outs are probably no good, and the 8 of diamonds may be tainted as well.

You would call if closing action, but with likely raiser behind you should fold.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folds, If last to act, this is an easy call but a raising war behind you slows me way down.

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]

To elaborate on L-cubed's post:

MP2's action screams "FLUSH DRAW!" from a decent player. And, if he's decent, you could drive him out with a raise on the turn, giving him 6:1 to call.

Problems are, 1) BB's action looks like aces-up or a set, 2) if MP2 has anything to add value to his flush draw (a pair or some sort of straight draw) you're not going to be able to drive him out with a raise, and 3) if MP2 is the one with aces-up or a set, you're going to be paying waaaaay too much to see the river, even if you just call the donkbet from BB.

Fold.