Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 06:24 PM

Default 3rd Generation Online Players. Lets join forces.

Here it is.

3GOPs (3rd Generation...) is us. Mostly people posting here I believe. We didnt play poker back when Brunson was able to handle a car safely, we didnt play poker when Moneymaker won the WSOP and we didnt play poker when everyone else did. But now we do. We hate ourselves every time we sit down at a table seeing VPIP numbers of 19. "WHY didnt I get there 2 years ago?" ... " Id be the [censored] daddy in my hood now" . Ok, great. Feel like I do?

Nevermind. We are late, but not too late. Were not gonna buy a balla-car any time soon just by playing tight at 1/2NL, but we can still make a lot of cash while others get drunk on friday night. Even earning, like, 1one1 PTBB at 5/10 NL is enough of a reason for me to learn how to do just that.

Any game is beatable.

So I we have identified one key requirement. We have to learn. Duh. Now the reason I write this is a different one: We have to learn quickly.

Since we dont have time ill shorten this a bit:

+ We are smart enough to make it to this site, work on our game, realize poker isnt gambling - good job.

+ We are eager to improve, work, and eventually reap the benefits.

+ We havent given up

-----

= We gotta work together

P2P is great, no question. However, some rather individual problems, questions or discussions often get lost. Also, p2p isnt always the best spot to regain confidence and/or motivation or seek help when things run badly.

Smaller groups almost always work more effectively than large groups do. Especially when small groups still have an option to seek help from large ones. (By which I mean that we will still post on 2p2 and stuff)
Its just going to be a little air-bubble in the ocean. One that takes seemingly useful things from the blaring sea in order to digest and sort out in complete silence and harmony on the inside.

Get the idea? Okay. Ignore the fact that I have a gayish way of thinking and posting and instead think about the advantages.

(Something just popped to my mind. "There are counterstrike and warcraft/starcraft clans... why arent there poker-clans?")

Okay, this really just popped to my mind so we shall let it go. But please rethink the above.

I basically want 5 - 10 friendly, sophisticated, intelligent, open-minded and eager uNL 3GOPs. (6max btw)

To make things work, we all need to have approx. equal skill, bankroll, ambitions.

I hope there are some:

-winning 6max. NL60 players who have a

- <1000$ bankroll and are eager to

- make it to NL100 before 2007 hits.

(Details about how the community is linked will be provided as soon as I know how many people are interested. A forum, AIM/ICQ/MSN and maybe IRC seem like effective platforms)

greets
Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: 3rd Generation Online Players. Lets join forces.

I am seriously interested in this idea, shoot me a pm if you want some contact information. Here's a little about me:

Play NL50 mostly, with some NL 25 and NL 100 on the side, started playing NL at the start of the month, used to be a 3bb/100 limit 1/2 and 2/4 winner. Want to get to NL100 and higher fast. I study a lot, play a lot, and take shots early . I've been looking for this kind of group discussion around where I live, as I believe the fastest way for my game to improve is to watch others play and discuss each others' game on a regular basis.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:47 PM

I'm definately interested in this.

I play NL25 (only atm) with a $700 bankroll.

In the Short-Handed Limit Section of this forum they have something called 'review hand swaps'. (see link)

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post7992933

Maybe we could setup something like this where we review 1 or 2 hundred of each others hands?

Maybe g one better and record a video of our play an exchange them, then post comments on improvements etc.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:54 PM

I am friendly, sophisticated, intelligent, open-minded and eager uNL 6maxer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My aim is straightflush311

edit: I guess I should add that I am currently playing 50nl.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:57 PM

Im in !
I play nl50 br = 1k
Lets get mirc or something?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 PM

I play 10NL full ring BR=320$, is there no love for me?

AIM: Alt1695
Old 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is, but you gotta realize that if we get a colourful mix of players we just have a second 2p2.

Maybe you wanna make a post linking to this one (for explanation) and create a NL10 network.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is, but you gotta realize that if we get a colourful mix of players we just have a second 2p2.

Maybe you wanna make a post linking to this one (for explanation) and create a NL10 network.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea is to have several small groups within 2+2...

EDIT: I just realized that the above statement is pretty much what you are trying to say...my bad.

This is cool...it's like the shipitholla ballas except we aren't really ballas.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:03 PM

w00t!

I'm not alone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm defo down for this.

I'm a winner at 50 NL, 100 NL makes me feel uncomfartable as hell ATM. I definately want to move up, though. I would be down with MSN/ Forum. But I'm sure we can work this out.

Shoot me a PM. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I play 50 NL 6 max, BR >2300.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:11 PM

So what sort of limits are included here?