Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 11:49 PM

Default Has anyone played Zelda TP on Gamecube?

Just wondering how drastic the differences are, if there are any besides controls...my dad is really put off by the wiimote, but loves Zelda games. Should I just force him to Wii it up, or should he pick up a GC copy?
Old 11-26-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Has anyone played Zelda TP on Gamecube?

You cant play the Wii version with the classic controller?
Old 11-26-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You cant play the Wii version with the classic controller?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Why would you want to?

Make him use it. It's really not that different. Still control link with an analog stick. Still buttons for different weapons. Just sword slashing by flicking your wrist and aiming your weapons with the Wiimote, which is vastly superior.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:55 AM

Im not saying right or wrong or that i agree but many people dont like what they call a gimmicky controller. Nothing is universally loved. Would it be that hard for Nintendo to program a controller scheme for people who dislike the wiimote?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:03 AM

Yeah, he assumed he could just use a regular controller, and wasn't thrilled when he found out that he couldn't. I don't understand it either, especially since they already have a controller scheme for the GC version, and they have inputs for GC controllers on the Wii, but it is what it is.

So, anyone actually played/seen the GC version?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:20 AM

According to IGN the release date for the GC is 12/11
Old 11-26-2006, 02:21 AM

But tell me what exactly about the Zelda control scheme is so radically different. You still control link with the damn analog stick. There are only two differences:

1) You now flick a wrist slightly instead of pushing a button for the sword.

2) You aim with a pointer instead of an analog stick.

Other than that, it is the same. Can anyone honestly say that either of these two things is so horrible that they wouldn't want to play the Wii version? I mean the vast majority of people think these changes are huge improvements. Even if someone doesn't think it is the greatest thing ever, I have a hard time believing that AFTER TRYING IT they will truly hate it.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:10 AM

Some ppl want to play with a regular controller, I don't see what the big deal is? Some ppl are just more comfortable with it, some have disabilities that limit motion, some maybe wanna lay in bed and play? I don't know what the various reasons are, but any reason someone has is valid if that is whats stopping them from playing the game. My guess is Nintendo will have regular controller schemes for games when they get feedback from customers. Giving people the option just makes the most sense.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some maybe wanna lay in bed and play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say this again and again and again until people stop complaining about this.

I am able to sprawl out much more comfortably playing Zelda with the Wii controls than would ever be possible using a standard controller.

There are various acceptable reasons to prefer traditional controls over Wii controls. I might disagree with them, but they are a matter of opinion. The idea that you can't lay down and get all comfy while using the Wiimote + nunchuck in a game like Zelda, however, is not an opinion. It's downright wrong.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some maybe wanna lay in bed and play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say this again and again and again until people stop complaining about this.

I am able to sprawl out much more comfortably playing Zelda with the Wii controls than would ever be possible using a standard controller.

There are various acceptable reasons to prefer traditional controls over Wii controls. I might disagree with them, but they are a matter of opinion. The idea that you can't lay down and get all comfy while using the Wiimote + nunchuck in a game like Zelda, however, is not an opinion. It's downright wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some problems playing while laying down because of the sensor. I like to lay on my side and having my arms in front of the sensor isnt that comfortable. Not sure if this is because I am to close to the sensor or not but sometimes I cant lay in a position I want.