Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 11:41 PM

Default Fold the river UI?

Seems loose over a few orbits.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Fold the river UI?

I think I fold turn. Seems like a very safe river fold.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:41 AM

these types of situations are super tricky to play because you could have as many as 9 outs and as few as 4, and rarely the best hand as well. I think a turn fold might be win here.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:43 AM

If I'm calling the turn I'm calling the river. Which means I'm sometimes poping the turn and taking a FSD.

You have to ask yourself why donk when you can C/R(yes I realize he may be in bet/3-bet mode). The board is so draw heavy and scary that I think it is prime donking material.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the turn is about 50/50 between folding and continuing on.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:07 PM

I generally fold the turn, but I think it's a very small mistake to call. Because you have no idea what he has, you're implied odds are pretty small. I highly doubt the immediate odds justify calling. The J's are very sketchy, T's are probabily good and K is probabily not chopping.
There's a decent chance he has one of the cards you're drawing too. If he's semi bluffing with a club, you're club outs are no good. etc.

I also fold the river as played, unless he has tried to steal nearly every pot he's been in. This is a flop he more than likely assumes you've hit in some way.

I hate the free card line suggested by above poster, you have to call a 3-bet because you'll have odds to your gutshot. And he could very well have a 3-betting hands.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:37 PM

With your J outs being dirty I would fold the turn.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:58 PM

I play it like this. For those advocating a turn fold, I think that since this is a blind battle, more of your outs would tend to be clean than regularly. I thought about free showdowning, but would want to be able to fold to a 3-bet, which I don't think you can here.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 AM

I play it the same as you sharpie every street. NH.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:53 AM

I dont' know if I call the turn and then fold the river here. You are probably behind and if you are you don't really have odds to draw to your outs since you are getting 5-1 and you have between 5 - 9 outs. I think it's pretty close between calling down and folding turn but I don't know if I like calling turn and folding river against this loose player.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:41 AM

I fold the turn as played, or raise the flop if I'm feeling aggressive.