Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 11:33 PM

Default live misclick

The following occurred last week at Turning Stone. I was sitting at the $1/2 $100 max NL table and was over 11 hours into my session. I had invested $300 thusfar (one bad beat and one bad all-in river call) but had built my stack up to $860. At this time it was 5 A.M. and tables were breaking up left and right. My table was down to six players and I was seat ten. Then, the following hand came up, and I made the biggest blunder ever in my poker career...

Approximate Stack Sizes:

UTG (under the gun): $120
MP (middle position): $60
CO (cut-off): $350
ME (button): $860
SB: $300
BB: $550

BB had been at the table for a good six hours and was my arch nemesis. He would VERY LAG and would constantly play back at me. My only significant win against him was my AK sucking out on his KK early on (got it all-in preflop as he only had $80 left). He has not had to rebuy since. Anyway, not really relevant to the story but I just wanted to let you all know I wasn't pleased with him constantly playing back at me.

What is relevant is that I had just bought a coffee from a "cocktail" (no alcohol served at TS) but didn't have a cup-holder. Being the genius that I am, I placed the coffee next to my mountain of chips, which I had stacked as tall as skyscrapers "Annie Duke" style. I then placed my elbow on the felt next to the coffee (uh-oh) and used my fist to hold my head up in my tired stupor.

The dealer dealt the cards and UTG made it $10 to go. MP moved in for $60 and was cold-called by the button. Action was now on me. I took my hand away from my face to look at my cards and moved my elbow as I did... knocking over my coffee! I jerked both hands forward in a futile attempt to catch the drink as it fell. Instead of catching the drink, my left arm knocked over ALL 4 of my giant stacks of reds and whites into the middle of the felt. Dealer says, "all-in." I look at my cards... 3s2d! I respond quickly after, stating that it was an accident and just knocked over my chips.

The following dispute is really irrelevant but the floor was brought over and sided with the DEALER, saying that I pushed my chips in the middle and that constitutes in action. I was extremely angry but there was nothing I could do, and I figured everyone would fold anyway (at least the significant stacks)... oh how wrong I was.

After my "push" was constituted as an action, SB insta-calls! Now I am really angry, and know he must have a monster. Next, action is on the BB, and after minor consideration, also calls! UTG thinks for a few and says, "what the hell, the pot odds are great!" and calls. MP is already all-in so the action is on CO. He thinks for well over five minutes and reluctantly puts his last $290 in. Great A six-way pot for 2/3 of my chips and I have one of the worst starting hands in hold'em.

I am still steaming, but the floor has made it clear that I can either let the hand play out, and if I continue to argue, I will be kicked out and my money will be divided evenly among the players at the table. I have no other choice and am the first one to flip over my cards, saying "Happy f*cking birthday to whomever wins this pot" trying to lighten the situation. Everyone else also turns their cards over before the flop:

UTG: 22
MP: 33
CO: KK
SB: QQ
BB (really the only relevant stack): AA!

Both of my hole cards were dominated! I don't know the exact odds but I couldn't have been much more than 1% (my flush cards were dominated also, maybe someone could look it up for me). Then the flop came : AT9. A glimmer of hope... I am going to need runner runner straight to win the pot. One miracle card falls on the turn: 5. The table groans as I now have a legitimate shot of taking the whole thing down! I went from a 99 to 1 dog to a 9 to 1 dog.

At this point, our table was crowded by many of the poker players in the room at the time. There must have been thirty people crowding the table, including the floor and a cocktail waitress or two. The dealer then dealt the river card: 4d! I had made runner-runner wheel to scoop the whole pot. BB FLIPS THE F*CK OUT, saying the place is rigged and the hand was a setup, etc etc. The crowd bursts out, some screaming, some laughing, maybe even some crying lol. It was the most hysterical moment of my poker career. I had just turned $860 into more than $2.2k and busted five people at once with one of the worst starting hands in hold'em.

As BB continued to curse me out, and people came up to me to either berate or shake my hand, I began racking every chip on the table (took 7 racks). I cashout and begin counting the bills. Thinking back to it now, I can only imagine the bad beats I am due for in the future LOL. But then again, maybe it was destiny as the WORST live misclick EVER turned into my LARGEST single day profit!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Re: live misclick

nice hand sir
Old 11-25-2006, 11:40 PM

Old 11-25-2006, 11:52 PM

good imagination.... actually not that good. you mustn't be such a great bluffer
Old 11-25-2006, 11:56 PM

so if you splii [censored] all over their table you're not liable for damages?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:59 PM

uh, this didn't happen.

interesting story though
Old 11-26-2006, 12:00 AM

This obviously never happened, but even if it did it wouldn't make for that good a story. Back to the drawing board, dude.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 AM

If this is true, you rule.

EDIT: Just checked your post count: nvm.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but even if it did it wouldn't make for that good a story.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you crazy? you are telling me you wouldn't post this if it happened to you?

but yeah, definitely a fake post.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:04 AM

not a tl;dr