Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 11:42 PM

Default 3-6 Short Handed

No reads

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB calls, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8.5BB
Old 11-24-2006, 06:15 AM

Default Re: 3-6 Short Handed

you beat a few Axs, you chop very few JTs and lose to the badly slowplayed sets/2pr rivering boats.

I think i call the b/3b. Capping can't hurt you a lot, if it does. If it was no cap HU then i'd definitely call.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:20 AM

WTF, why didn't you bet the turn?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:24 AM

Why dont we bet this turn??
There is som many hands that will call and a few that will give you some action. And by slowplaying, what do you want him to improve to? I seriously dont get it. Just bet and hope he raises.

As played, I cap river. You dont have to be ahead more than 50% to make it good since he cant 5-bet, and there is defintely som Ax hands in his range.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:27 AM

goddam, i was so focused on the river i missed the most horribly turn checkthrough in the history of poker [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2006, 06:28 AM

Turn: I really hate this check behind. Villain's flop play looks donkish, and it's quite likely that the king also improved his hand in some way or another (adding a gutshot to his weak pair, improving to 2 pair, etc) assuming he wasn't planning to call or c/r already. I would expect to be called the vast majority of the time in this situation.

I would cap the river. We have no read, but typical opponents raise with the hands that would give villain a boat on the river (exceptions... A9, and maybe 99). I would expect to see ace-rag, total nonsense, or maybe a split well over half the time.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:31 AM

River is good.

oucchh, not betting that turn is the worst play I've seen in a long time here. Don't slowplay this, he'll call and even raise you with a lot of hands. Never slowplay when people are calling anyways, the only thing you accomplish is missing bets/value.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:37 AM

Cap river.Your turn check means that he can't put you on anything that was improved by the river.And he must have a hard time putting you on a big hand when you check that turn.
And as said in an earlier post you can't be five bet anyway.I think you're ahead more than 50% of the times against an ordinary player.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:26 AM

I hate the turn. I think this should have been an automatic bet for a couple of reasons... 1) value. 2) vulnerability. You don't want to give your opponent a free card to his flush draw or whatever. I don't see your opponent having any set, just based on how he played preflop and flop. Even 2 pair doesn't seem likely unless it was something like A9. Ok, maybe the hand isn't that vulnerable to any reasonable hands that beat you, but you missed some value. Especially if he was looking to c/r you with 2 pair. Then you 3-bet and $$$. River, like I said, I can't imagine he has 2 pair on the turn, so why would an A boat him up? I cap this as played.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:55 AM

I agree with capping the river, SB would have given more action preflop with AK,AQ and maybe A9. He just has trips this time. Cap it!