Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 PM

Default New video up

Let me know if I'm starting to clutter the forum but I don't think its a problem. I put a new video up of myself playing 5/10 TDL on stars last night with audio commentary. All comments appreciated...

www.deathdonkey.com/videos

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-24-2006, 01:05 AM

Default Re: New video up

thanks
Old 11-24-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2006, 02:54 AM

Notes from the first 30 mins:

236 – I’ll open with it, but I won’t cold call with it. I will call one bet from the BB, and I’ll do the same from the SB, but I won’t 3-bet to defend with it – I want to keep the pot small,

8:33 – 45s – bad defense IMHO, too lose. Keep an eye on this opponent, to see if he peels one then stays pat in the future… something was fishy about his play which I was happy to see you noticed as well. As a side note you are barely getting the right odds to call with 2 draws remaining, with implied odds it’s a-ok to peel after the first draw, and also he might be very rough (that’s kind of common from the SB) so I like it.

11:22 – based on the prior hand you can’t cap, he might be standing pat with a bluff too often? Good break.

23:28 – good snow

28:10 – Defend with 2-card 8 draws or 3 cards 7’s with a duce. I keep the 8 here; don’t drop it if you play on but folding is also reasonable.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2006, 07:39 AM

Heh, TT-style. You folded a lot of hands I wouldn't, and only played a couple I'd fold this time around. I think by and large you're right that you weren't getting much to play.

The only real comment I have is on the two late questionable hands, the 3-bet to force a break with T8 and the checkraise with 87643. I think both of these are entirely reasonable plays headsup, but are very questionable with a third player in the pot.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:38 PM

These videos are great. Thanks for posting them.

/mc
Old 11-24-2006, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, TT-style. You folded a lot of hands I wouldn't, and only played a couple I'd fold this time around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude! You gotta be more specific than that! Examples!!! Please?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2006, 10:19 PM

what kind of idiot am I that I'm having trouble viewing these?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:14 PM

when you decide to take that line with the pat ten, you really ought to bet the river.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:32 AM

<--no longer an idiot

I've been playing 2-7 for all of a couple of days, but I'm thoroughly intrigued by the game. Please excuse any naiveties.

24:35 - 5678 otb vs aggro sb and draw happy bb

you said that you'd want to make a real hand because of how aggro sb had been playing, but considering the number of cards that both he and the bb had been drawing after heavy early action I'd think you can steal and draw to the 8 profitably. Negranu's chapter in SS2 says that a 9 is a fav vs two people drawing. I'd suspect that you can catch that 8 and be in good shape vs these two - even if you face heavy multiway action early on. I really think that you can make pretty rough hands stand up vs this lineup.

29:30 - you check a pat 87 on the end vs 3 villains. what's the worst hand you'll bet for value in this spot?

31:35 - you note that you're used to experiencing a lot of variance in TD, and the 15 bet swing is no big deal. I think that your emphasis on tightness in this session is probably influencing that, as you're not really getting into any confrontations with anything marginal.

34:40 - you raise brucelee's donk into you with 87 after the second round where you both drew one. What's your line if he threebets?

35:18 - cool snow. I still suck at snowing.

36:10 - 98 threehanded you threebet from the sb vs brucelee and he caps. you toss the 9 after considering standing pat. I've been tending to stand pat and make a decision on breaking on a later draw. Since you have position all of your decisions are easy if draws, and it seems that he's going to have no choice but to play straightforwardly against you there.

---

going to watch the back half later. good stuff!