Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 08:39 PM

Default AK oop

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($91.50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($129.85)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Button ($116.90)</font>
SB ($11.30)
BB ($102.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls $8.

Turn: ($25.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $17</font>, Hero calls $17.

River: ($59.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $35</font>, Hero calls $35.

Final Pot: $129.50

villian is tag/nit but is a floater. help me play this better
Old 11-23-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: AK oop

i'd lead out on the turn, it give you more information. if he raises the turn TPTK may not be good enough. whenever you check call you are playing bad. you need to be more assertive here.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:02 PM

i also bet the turn for about 20$. Did you actually see someone catch him floating, or did he just call some flops and took it with a turnbet ?
If he´s realy a habitual floater this looks ok imo.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 PM

Lead turn. If called, I check/call any non-club river. If a club comes, I block-bet/fold to a raise.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:24 PM

If you think you've caught him floating, then you want to check raise the turn as you still don't want to give him any free cards. Leading and check raising are both fine, but if he checks turn behind, you just have to settle for check calling the river unless the board is uncallable for TPTK and he pots it.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think you've caught him floating, then you want to check raise the turn as you still don't want to give him any free cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often is opponent drawing to more than five outs?
Old 11-23-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think you've caught him floating, then you want to check raise the turn as you still don't want to give him any free cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often is opponent drawing to more than five outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't say exactly, but it will not always be a float with second pair or a pocket pair, sometimes he will have a legit draw, and on this board there are straight and flush draws from the flop. Only plus to check calling is if villain is aggro enough to double barrel the river on a busted draw, or value bet his lower pair, both of which are unlikely in my experience. Given that, it's probably better to defend the hand.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:15 PM

I don't think CRing the turn is a bad line at all. A lot of people can't fold KQ/KJ in this spot 5-handed. Plus the pot is already big, so if you slightly more than min-raise, it will be easy to get him on the river.

I think your river line is ok as well.

I don't like leading the turn because I think it gives away too much info, and if he floats often, let him stab.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think CRing the turn is a bad line at all. A lot of people can't fold KQ/KJ in this spot 5-handed. Plus the pot is already big, so if you slightly more than min-raise, it will be easy to get him on the river.

I think your river line is ok as well.

I don't like leading the turn because I think it gives away too much info, and if he floats often, let him stab.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed.