Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 03:59 AM

Default HorrorFest

http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

Last weekend saw the temporary release of a handful of films supposedly too intense/nasty/gruesome/whatever for a regular wide release. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of time this past weekend, and I missed out on a few that I would have liked to see. If anyone happened to go to these films, what did you see, and how was it?

The two I did see were The Hamiltons, which was about a murderous family, and Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror, which was about nothing, as far as I could tell. I liked the former even though I think it had some problems, if just because I'd rather see some ambitious nobodies have a go than another regurgitated crapfest. The Hamiltons isn't likely to make much of a splash, but just in case people are interested, I won't write in any spoilers.

Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror was just the suckiest suck that ever sucked. Seriously, I knew it wouldn't be scary or interesting, I just hoped it might be kind of funny or cool or stylish. Maybe it would have some degree of the dark-humored macabre. Instead, it has successfully beaten out Stay Alive and The Wicker Man for my Worst Movie of 2006 award. The dialog is so prefabricated and stiff that Snoop looks and sounds like he's reading from a teleprompter with a stick up his butt, and nobody else is much better. It plays out like a bunch of scripts rejected by Tales from the Crypt that were then edited by a twelve year-old who listens to too much gangsta rap.