Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 08:48 PM

Default What\'s the most spectacular thing you ever witnessed personally?

Car accident? Sports team championship? Childbirth?

This is my biggest regret - I seem to have ducked fate my whole life. My biggest claim to fame, which if this thread goes anywhere will be the worst post in this thread, was watching the highest-scoring playoff game in NBA history, when the Suns lost to the Blazers 153-151 in double OT. Hell, it wasn't until I was nearly 30 YO that I saw my first car accident, despite driving tens of thousands of miles prior to that. And it wasn't even that great, but I did see my second one within a week of that.

If anyone wants to share their most memorable event, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:52 PM

Default Re: What\'s the most spectacular thing you ever witnessed personally?

mine is similar. i was at the comeback game. i was only 8 or 9 years old at the time, but i remember bits and pieces of the game.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:55 PM

Burning downtown Manhattan.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:56 PM

The good:

my little brother and my 4 week old niece, when they were born, and cleaned up etc

my grandpa, who is a WW2 hero, 2 masters, 84 and is still a phramicist, cursing out one of my teachers who said I wouldnt amount to anything because I had "bad cursive" when I was in 3rd grade

the bad:

2 shootings, one stabbing where an acquaintence died

the ugly:

chopping my index finger off at the 2nd knuckle
Old 11-22-2006, 08:56 PM

Mark,

El oh el, I had a high school buddy in town (who was attending Harvard at the time and now that I think about it his going crazy and getting on a Greyhound a few years later when he was my roommate is the most memorable thing in my life) who was a diehard Bills fan. We both stopped watching the game at the half, then his parents called in the 3rd quarter. We tuned in time to see the comeback. Such a nutty event, would have been great to be there IF you were a Bills fan, but to the Oilers' credit they actually rallied to tie that game.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:58 PM

i was along with my dad and my younger brother and both had just recevied great news within 15 minutes of each other.

dad had just received the all-clear from cancer and brother just found out he had qualified as a doctor.

not exactly overly-spectacular but a few moments in time that i will never forget.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the ugly:

chopping my index finger off at the 2nd knuckle

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hear about that. It's another reason that I use the drive-thru.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:11 PM

My buddy dropping a refridgerator on his foot and everyone there immediatly bursting out laughing as he wailed like a woman.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 PM

tug,

yeah, of course i'm a bills fan. it was funny because i'm from rochester, about 2 hrs outside buffalo so i grew up a big bills fan but never went to many games. including that one, i only went to 3 bills home games and that was the first one i ever attended.

the interesting thing is that there was no way i would have been at this game if it had sold out. the policy at the time (might still be in place) was that if the game wasn't sold out, they would black the game out within a certain radius of buffalo. rochester was included in this. so my dad realized that the game was probably not going to be televised. the rest of our friends back in rochester had to listen to the call on the radio. although this must have sucked compared to watching the game, they did get to hear the famous "pandemonium" call from van miller.

anyway, another weird thing was that my best friend at the time was going to be at this game with his mother and we only found this out after we got our tickets. neither of us knew that the other was planning on going to this game. so when my dad and his mother found this out, we decided to carpool to the game. the only problem was that our seats were on opposite sides of the stadium. so i was at this amazing game and so was my best friend, but we didn't sit next to each other. that wasn't a very good story, lol.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:15 PM

I pitched in the Little League World Series World Championship game versus Chinese Taipei when I was 12. Like 40,000 people in attendance. I gave up 10 runs (6 earned, 4 unearned) in 5 innings and hit a homerun in the first. We lost 13-3. Looking at the crowd from the mound was the most spectacular thing I've ever seen.