Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 02:10 AM

Default JJ 5-10 6max

villian is a 35/22/4
Anyone like the turn raise or just call down? I was going to check behind on the river if a heart didnt come or my straight. If he bet a heart river I would call if he donked a nonheart non K A river do I call that or fold?
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 02-02-2006, 12:48 PM

Default Re: JJ 5-10 6max

if you're going to call the turn you pretty much have to showdown.

I am inclined to call the turn against a lagtard like this. you always have the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fall back on, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2006, 01:01 PM

I just call down. Don't like to raise when I could be way behind but may still have outs and I don't want to be 3 bet.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:20 PM

I like this a lot actually. Villain could be bluffing/semi-bluffing pretty easily here, and you've got a ton of outs to improve. Plus, your outs are obvious so he may not lead the river if you hit. I think you've got to call if he donks a blank river, but I'm not sure.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:31 PM

The turn donk sure does smell funny, like he has Ah or something. You've shown a lot of aggression so if the queen helped him, he would probably go for the checkraise.

If you're making this raise as a free showdown play, I don't know if I love it because it seems likely your outs may be tainted by a bigger heart. Thus, checking behind when you improve defeats the purpose of the free showdown after you've improved. Part of the value of it is that you still only pay 2 bets when behind, but gain an extra bet when you hit, I think I'm getting this right???

With a postflop aggression of 4 (my god!) I'm tempted to let him keep betting my hand for me. If he has complete air he may fold to the raise and you miss his river bluff bet. Of course playing passively like that sucks when an A or K falls on river (What in his range do you still beat?). Now if he's the type who will just donk something like J9 here, you're missing value by just calling down.