Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 02:54 AM

Default 2/4 stud8: 222, trying to increase my scoop chances

Hi everyone,

just sat down, seems like juicy game. no read on Seat 8 and Seat 1, but IŽve played a few dozen hands with Seat 4, he seems to be one of the better players at 2/4.

3rd: Should have capped I guess, didn t want to give my hand away, but there is probably no value in that at 2/4
4th: Trying to thin the field with my raise - did not 3-bet, because I want Seat 8 to lead into me on 5h, so I can raise and hopefully get it heads up there.

Would you continue jamming here? Comments for all streets highly appreciated.

Thanks much

Wolf

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises

4th Street - (13.38 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises

5th Street - (12.69 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (16.69 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (18.69 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (18.69 BB)
Old 11-22-2006, 03:02 AM

Default Re: 2/4 stud8: 222, trying to increase my scoop chances

You need to reraise 4th street. Just calling does not at all guarantee he will lead 5th street, and you have the other idiots trapped in there. Not reraising here is inexcusable.

I would also raise 6th. While his bet is slightly worrisome (I assume you are scared he hit a flush), you still need to raise. Your hand is too strong.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:08 PM

I would have capped it on third. You had everybody & their brother wanting to get in this pot with all of the calling & raising going on. It's unlikely seat 8 has rolled A's since one is dead, so you're driving the bus. Forget 5th, JAM NOW. In a 2/4 game you're probably not gonna lose anybody until 5th anyway....
Old 11-22-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also raise 6th. While his bet is slightly worrisome (I assume you are scared he hit a flush), you still need to raise. Your hand is too strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same but for other reasons, in the event of a flush (which is very likely the way the hand was played) hero still has a bucket full of outs to improve, and the pot is laying a big enough price.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2006, 01:56 PM

Just jam every street. People will put you on something like 4c3c2c on 3rd and 4th if they are thinking. It is unlikely you have concealed aces. With this many players, I wouldn't worry about chasing people out. It looks like you are going low, so you may chase out the people you want to chase out if anyone folds.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:09 AM

Thanks for your help everyone. Guess IŽll jam that to the max early one - actually, the night before I played that hand I reread in TOP the concept of delaying a raise to a more expensive street and I thought that was a good spot to do it.

Blumpkin and TT, could you elaborate a little bit more about raising on 6th street? Yeah, that 3rd club really scares me, that s why I just called. Is this a raise for value, just because he could be bluffing or semibluffing?

Thanks much,

Wolf
Old 11-23-2006, 10:04 AM

Here you have multiway action. Also, your hand is not strong enough to slow play in a split pot game. Your hand is well disguised, since you have a 2 showing. If you had 8-Q showing, it would be more obvious you were rolled up when you jammed. So really bad place to slow play.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:34 AM

I would cap 3rd and 4th since you are getting multiway action. Passing up this value in favor of getting an extra big bet is a mistake, particularly since there is still a good chance that you will be able to get a double bet in on 5th street. A lot of players heavily overplay aces in this game, to the point where they will keep betting even when they're being obviously being freerolled.

I think you should raise 6th for value. It's highly unlikely Seat 8 has a flush on 6th given previous action; it's much more likely he's just playing his scary board. Besides, even if he has a flush, you have a lot of outs.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:59 PM

cap 4th with 4 players in.

Raise 6th. Villan has not made a low yet, so even if he has a flush you have tons of out to scoop and many to split.

edit: replied w/o looking at others responces - sorry to sound like a broken record.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:00 PM

Maybe a bit general, but IMO rolled hands should be played fast rather than slow in stud8, esp. with other low board cards out there. So, I agree with jamming it as much as possible. Sounds like this table would esp. warrant jamming it.

I got rolled 3 times in 1 hour playing 3-6 live stud8 about a month ago. Unreal!!! 3's, J's and K's. I won with the J's and won with a boat with the K's but I lost with the 3's.

PS. Eulysses, is that Borat? Funny ****