Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 02:30 PM

Default Getting raped in 100NL....

I have lately got severely raped in the Party 100NL games. People just seem to see into my soul and shove every time I am making a move and fold when I have a good hand. I have been running 24/20/3.5 after making a few adjustments to my game.

Here is a prime example of what I mean, I played this hand exactly how I would play the trips here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($104.50)
Hero ($100.50)
UTG ($102.45)
Button ($98.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($6) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, SB calls $11.

Turn: ($36) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, SB calls $104 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $165

He had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]....
Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Getting raped in 100NL....

FPS. I've been having the same trouble. When things aren't going right, you try too hard to MAKE it right. It just gets worse.

You either need to 3-bet preflop or fold the flop. You definitely need to give up on the turn.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:33 PM

So.. bluff less and value bet more??
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM

So wait for this donk to do this again when you have 44, stacksville.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played this hand exactly how I would play the trips here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Except for the part where you called preflop. I don't think a lot of your defense hands have 5s in them.

Depending on SB I think this is a raise/fold situation preflop. You don't have much of a hand to play poker with postflop, so just end it right here. I know that lots of players are in love with letting position work for them and just calling preflop, and that can be good, but not in this situation.

On the turn I just check behind. If he called your flop raise you can't expect to shake him often enough to make money shooting here. Blind battles are full of suspicion and marginal holdings, and you can expect him to call you down very light here or rebluff you.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:44 PM

Your play is also how you would play a flush draw or a medium pocket pair--which is much more likely than trips or boat and almost certain to fold to a turn AI.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a prime example of what I mean, I played this hand exactly how I would play the trips here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does villain have any idea how you would play trips? Unless you are playing against a well known villain, this logic doesn't apply. There is a reason you play trips this way against most players, it gets you paid off! Unless you know the villain, you don't have any reason to think that because you don't have it, they will react to the play any differently.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FPS. I've been having the same trouble. When things aren't going right, you try too hard to MAKE it right. It just gets worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the same, and didnīt realize it soon enough because usualy you donīt realy go on monkey tilt, but make slight "adjustments" that realy bleed money if you run bad. Once you spewed enough you get stuck and more desperate, etcetc ..
Tighten up and open up your game SLOWLY again once you got back your confidence.
And give up on that turn [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2006, 03:47 PM

1. make a note on your opponent, who seems to like getting into blind wars more than you do;

2. Don't build big pots with dogshit against unknowns, especially blind v. blind;

3. It's NL100 on Party, do you expect your opponents to play well/lay down 88+ or even flush draws? Do you think that all of them are good level 2 thinkers?

4. On a 5 4 5 board with two hearts, many opponents (and not so wrongly with your stats) will think "Well, the 5 couldn't have helped him and he may be chasing a flush or bluffing the 5 in a blind war, so I'm going to push him and take him off his better hand/draw).

5. Kinduv looks like BBV to me, but hopefully these points help.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:59 PM

Erm....try cont betting tighter players loooooool