Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 07:13 PM

Default AJo

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villain calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (14.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jc As (one pair, aces).
Villain has Qc Qs (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Villain wins 16.70 BB. </font>

Good play?
Old 11-20-2006, 07:21 PM

Default Re: AJo

What's villian raising on the turn that is in his preflop raising range that you're beating? Preflop raise, cold call 2 on the flop multiway to try to keep everyone in, followed by turn raise. Looks like a slow played monster to me.

Also raise preflop. If villian 3bets preflop you can narrow his range. As played you can't narrow his range and you're lost on the hand.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:32 PM

AJo from MP --&gt; raise after no raise?
Old 11-20-2006, 07:34 PM

Preflop: I raise.
Flop: Fine. I raise for value/extract from flush/good straight draws/chase out weak straight draws.
Turn: I bet again since there is a good chance you're still ahead, plus you picked up more outs if behind. Aftger getting raised, you're probably in rough shape, but I call the raise since we have good odds to draw to our straight or an ace or jack (which are discounted).
River: Big pot, I call one closing the action.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AJo from MP --&gt; raise after no raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely! take the lead and hopefully isolate that limper.

also reread halpgr's post but basically but when you raise and then (we assume) MP 3 bets you with his Queens and you would go "Aha, so youve got a PREMIUM HAND have you, my AJo dont look so good now but at least I know that Im probably toast and wont spew chisp" as opposed to "hey! dude! Raiser, no Raising. Dammit! now Im stuck OOP and playing the rest of the hand is more difficult because I dont really know if you hav a monster or are isolating"

also, try and not post results when you post hands and if you have any reads then do say so.....thx
Old 11-20-2006, 08:05 PM

Hmmm...

I think I need to take 3 steps back, and stop multi-tabling, and start looking at the tables with patience...

Yeah sorry about not providing more information, will doing that from now on.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 PM

The hand plays differently after a preflop raise and putting the results in the post have ruined all responses you're going to get.

But if you use 20/20 hindsight;
against a sane opponent, the 9 didn't help any hand that calls two cold on the flop other than slowplayed ones.

I would have called the turn and folded the river UI.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The hand plays differently after a preflop raise and putting the results in the post have ruined all responses you're going to get.

against a sane opponent, the 9 didn't help any hand that calls two cold on the flop other than slowplayed ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with what you say, but it doens't matter much whether you fold or call on the river. The pot is big enough that it's close.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:57 PM

I would raise this preflop.

You could probably fold the river because there is basically nothing that you are beating on the turn that he would play that way, but with that huge pot you can call for sanity reasons.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with what you say, but it doens't matter much whether you fold or call on the river. The pot is big enough that it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, sometimes I wonder whether "I was dumb enough to call the turn when I was crushed, so now I'm going to call the river" is world-class poker thinking.