Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 07:51 AM

Default AKo UTG Live 2/4

Live 2/4 LHE game at the Hustler tonight. There no small blind btw. This is not really an interesting hand, but I only wonder if there is some standard play on the river. I know I pretty much have to compare his chances of having a weaker A vt T, but there is also some chance of other holdings. I am not sure in many situations and I don't have a particular read in this one. Whole table is so loose, including villain.

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG (9 players)
Hero Raises, 3 calls, 3 folds, button calls, blind folds

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players, 11 SB)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, villain calls, button calls

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players, 7BB)
Hero bets, UTG+1 fold, villain calls, button folds

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players, 9 BB)
Hero...
Old 11-18-2006, 08:28 AM

Default Re: AKo UTG Live 2/4

It sounds like you are beating around the bush. I'm gonna figure you bet, and got raised here, and that is why you are questioning the situation.

Yes, there are othere holdings possible here, though not many to worry about since no primary draws were up against you. The only things that are beating you are sets that filled up, or the trips.

Some low limit players will slowplay there sets to the end thinking they are being tricky, but that's about it, and I wouldn't worry about that too much if at all. If it happens it happens.

So the only thing you have to worry about is the trips, unfortunately at these limits, so many players will chase that middle pair to the river, and when it hits, you know your toast and there is nothing you can do to change that. Especially considering it was a multi-way pot.

So you have to decide what to do. Live I find it a lot easier to get a read for my players, and am a lot more likely to be able to tell if someone chased me down with middle pair or not. If these people are bad, predictable opponnents, I would suggest betting, and if you are then raised and are confident you are beat folding. If the pot is big, and you don't want to have to call a raise or possibbly fold a winner then I would check, and see what the other players do. Then if it is one bet back you have an easy call.

I don't want to reccomend bet/fold because you will be getting such a good price to see if your hand held up, but I am trying to work this into my game, and so it is something I would consider depending on how well you read your players.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:26 AM

You can b/f safely I think.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:21 AM

bet bet bet. not betting is a crime against value betting.

oh and if you lost on the river to trips 10s then sleep easy in the knowledge that the same sort of dufus will quite happily pay you off with so many other crappy hands that this is a value bet that you absolutely positively have to make. word.