Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Marginal hand from BB

I'm just really unsure how to play this hand. My feeling on the flop and turn was that I was ahead, and that I needed to bet to not give free cards to this extremely draw-heavy board. The river was an awful card of course. What's my line? Villain in this hand was 50/9/1.5.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, SB folds.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>
Old 02-01-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Marginal hand from BB

Considering the aggression you've shown I can't imagine him calling a bet with a worse hand. Since villian is aggressive, and could have a lower pair/missed flush draw, I think he'd bluff at this often enough so that c/c is the best line.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:12 PM

*grunch*

Allthough many people at micros limp with anything, a lot seem to love limping with Ace-rag, suited or unsuited which doesn't pose a threat to us here. Betting this flop seems fine to me, so does betting turn. But maybe a c/r on the flop would work as well.

The river card could be bad. AK would beat you, but this would probably be raised preflop. 98 would also beat you, but if anyone stays in this hand that long with aa 98 I'd pay him off. Again, one of them could be on a busted flushdraw. Still feels a pair of Queens is a little marginal though, and would probably go into c/c mode. Don't know how good this advise is, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:19 PM

c/f the river. There are hands that may call that we beat (pair of jacks, nines, fours, small PPs), but I think value is biblically-paper-thin, and we are certainly folding to a raise. If this was HU, I might toss in a value-bet against a standard fish, but not against two players.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:20 PM

Reads would help. Do they fold 2nd pair? Do they call down with over cards? Do they donk bet when it's checked to them? Will they fold under pp?

You are out of position so you have no idea if someone is calling down with q4 or the nuts. With a two flush on the board I probably fold this on the flop, when the turn double 2 flushes the board and puts 3 to a straight I'm gone. I could maybe see trying to c/r the flop to see how serious people are about their hand, but if it gets checked around you are kind of screwed.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AK would beat you, but this would probably be raised preflop. 98 would also beat you

[/ QUOTE ]

any K and any 8 beats us
Old 02-01-2006, 07:24 PM

Just curious here...I'm obviously new. I think it's pretty apparent that betting here is a really bad idea, and I considered c/f and c/c but I thought this guy at 50 VP$IP and 1.5 AF is just about guaranteed to bet if we check to him. So that being said, we don't think he'd bluff a busted flush draw or lower pair 1 time in 8 in order to make a call break even?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM

oops, misread the post a bit. That makes the hand a lot worse
Old 02-01-2006, 07:31 PM

You know what, we are HU, meh! I thought SB was still in. If you have seen him donk/raise stuff like this then c/c is a good line. He could also be the more fishy type, in which case, we DO want to value-bet here, because he will call with his busted draw a lot, to keep you honest. Especially if he holds like the Jc or Tc. Bet it!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what, we are HU, meh! I thought SB was still in. If you have seen him donk/raise stuff like this then c/c is a good line. He could also be the more fishy type, in which case, we DO want to value-bet here, because he will call with his busted draw a lot, to keep you honest. Especially if he holds like the Jc or Tc. Bet it!

[/ QUOTE ]
He'd only been at the table for 50 hands or so, and I hadn't seen him do anything fishy. If I bet and he raises, what then?