Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Trips/top kicker vs. limp-reraiser

Villain is 28/21/2.64 after 1500 hands. He tends to be over-aggro, and is quite tricky. UTG is a fish. Comments welcome on any street.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (15SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (12BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $3.12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (21.56BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 16.68BB, Sidepot 1: 4.88BB)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero???
Old 11-17-2006, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Trips/top kicker vs. limp-reraiser

I'd raise/call. Looks like an overpair that has problems putting you on a nine since you're a TAG who raised two limpers PF.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:06 PM

What's the question? You have to raise here and if he 3 bets I'm capping every time. I really doubt he is limp reraising 33, 55, or 66. 78, 93, 95, and 96 are hardly even worth mentioning. This is AA or KK about every time, cap and take down a big pot. If he does have one of those odd hands kick your computer and say "nh".
Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 PM

Flop is fine. I maybe just cc the flop to encourage people to stay in, but there is a 2-flush, and since UTG is willing to cc 2 more bets, it worked great.

Turn doesn't make sense--not your play but everyone elses. It looks like UTG and UTG+1 decided to slow play turn after fastplaying river? The limp/reraise makes me think UTG+1 has overpair (AA or KK) that he thinks is good against someone with a smaller 2 pair--who limps/rerasies with a 9 in their hand or 55 or 33 (though how can anyone can think they're ahead on this board without trips against 2 other people who are raising). UTG could have another overpair that they weren't going to let go PF no matter what, or possibly UTG has 55 or 33, or A5 or K5.

I think you're definitely ahead of UTG+1 and prolly ahead of UTG, especially since people will go all-in on worse hands (and anyone who runs out of money in themiddle of hand at limit is a lousy player anyway--imagine if UTG had the boat and didn't have enough money at the table to get paid off). So Turn cap is definitly correct, since it's just a side pot with UTG+1 now. Raise river because there is no way you are behind UTG+1 unless god really hates you. If UTG is actually ahead of you, at least get UTG+1 to pay you off.

(If someone was actually playing 78s like this, then there is no god.)
Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 PM

I think this is a big overpair more often than 55. Raise/call.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:21 PM

seems like a super easy call. if he has AA he is incredibly bad. doesn't he know 995 flops are kryptonite for overpairs?

edit: also who OVERLIMP reraises AA?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't he know 995 flops are kryptonite for overpairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL QFT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG is stacking off. I highly, highly doubt he has a better hand. I think a raise is fine. UTG+1 is obviously having fun spewing his AA to the max.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a super easy call. if he has AA he is incredibly bad. doesn't he know 995 flops are kryptonite for overpairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dyson, would you honestly just call the river at the table? Just curious, as I consider you to be the best hand reader on the forum.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:49 PM

yeah i think it's just a call. i really think he has T9s or 55 and there are 3 combos of 55 vs. 1 of T9s and you could really make a case for slowing down earlier with T9s in his situation (especially on the river).

dunno
Old 11-17-2006, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't he know 995 flops are kryptonite for overpairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL QFT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the puzzles 995 flops bring.

I'm not sure what I do at the table, probably raise. I'm having a lot of trouble putting him on something we're behind here.