Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Letter from Jim Gerlach (6-PA)

I sent him an exact copy of the letter I sent to Schwartz, in late October. His reply:

November 13, 2006

Dear pa3lsvt:

Thank you for contacting me in regard to H.R. 4777, the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your comments.

The Internet Gambling Prohibition Act was introduced by Representative Bob Goodlatte of Virginia on February 16, 2006. As you may know, this legislation seeks to put further restrictions on electronic interstate gambling. It alters and broadens the definition of "wire communication facility" to include all communications, including transmissions using satellite or microwave using fixed or mobile internet connections. Through this Act, the definition of "bets and wagers" is expanded to include all actions regarded as gambling.

This bill has been forwarded to the floor of the House by the House Judiciary Committee, but has not yet been voted on by the 109th Congress. If this legislation were to come before the entire House this session, I will keep your valid concerns in mind in deciding how to vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me in this very important matter. If I may be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards, I am

Sincerely,

Jim Gerlach
Member of Congress

JG:JS
Enclosure

Um, yeah. Clearly the worst congressional staff ever. There was no enclosure. I'm now glad I didn't vote for him.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Letter from Jim Gerlach (6-PA)

Haha. No enclosure.