Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 01:50 PM

Default BCS Prop

There's a good chance I won't take this just because I'd have to wait so long, but does anyone like the following prop for the BCS:

Will Michigan play in the BCS Championship Game?
Yes +200
No -220

Isn't there a good chance that Michigan stays at #2 even if they lose Saturday? I just can't really see it being USC or Florida (although Rutgers at +972 is actually intriguing even though I don't think it will happen). At 2-1 it just seems like a somewhat generous line ... but I could be way off.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: BCS Prop

The human polls are too biased for there to be a rematch.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 PM

Jibba, almost no chance.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:42 PM

I think the only way it happens is if Michigan gets robbed Oklahoma/Oregon style, and even that may not be enough.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:00 PM

Fair enough. I don't know enough about how it works but I've been seeing some stuff online about how it's a decent possibility and personally think that these two deserve to be in the BCS. I guess I could see Florida as a choice but after watching USC I just don't see them as a championship-quality team.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:13 PM

Jibba USC is by far the most likely team to go to the chamipionship game over everyone else if they win out. It truly is theirs to lose (of course they play some very solid teams). Just like Ohio St. and Mich are in control of their own destiny.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jibba USC is by far the most likely team to go to the chamipionship game over everyone else if they win out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty big if though. And if they do lose, then who's is it? I think it would be very, very close between MI (if they lose), Fl/Ark winner, and Rutgers (with fl being the favorite). I just cannot see ND jumping to 2 considering their huge lose to MI.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:29 PM

Heres how'd I'd rank the situation with winning out being assumed.

1a Ohio State (They could lose and with a USC/Fl/Ark combo get back in handidly)
1b Michigan
2USC
3 SEC sweeper (FL or Ark)
4) Rutgers
5) ND (They may not make it regardless of winning out or not, but if humans give them the respect the computers do... They should make it assuming all above don't. It'd be close with Mich)
Old 11-16-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jibba USC is by far the most likely team to go to the chamipionship game over everyone else if they win out. It truly is theirs to lose (of course they play some very solid teams). Just like Ohio St. and Mich are in control of their own destiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they're the most likely since they're currently #3, but my own personal belief, which may just be getting in the way, is that USC does not deserve it pretty much regardless of what they do the rest of the way. They just don't look like a championship team from what I've seen of them.

If this were the case though, then wouldn't USC +210 be very good value since obviously one of the top 2 are going down this week?

Also, since people are mentioning Rutgers, that reminds me that I still think they might be worth a shot (although I'll likely stay away) at close to 10-1.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:08 PM

Arkansas +850 caught my eye.