Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Progression

This is a general question, if out of order in this forum please dismiss.

But in your estimations, after playing for 11 months, is it reasonable progression to be doing ok at 1/2 NL. Certainly not the best but winning.

Thanks,
SC
Old 11-16-2006, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Progression

[ QUOTE ]
after playing for 11 months, is it reasonable progression to be doing ok at 1/2 NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but it's really a matter of how much effort you put into it. If you spend 8h/day playing/reading maybe it's time to realise poker isn't going to make you a fortune.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:03 AM

Thanks,

I've played 57000 hands, and got going from free rolls. Have done ok, have made about 3 cents a hand! Play about 2 hours a day.

I don't think I'll ever make a fortune from cards, but would like to as good as I can be.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:19 AM

Few people make fortunes from playing. Most of the real money comes from all the side job, sponsor contracts, poker rooms, affiliate programs, etc.

57k hands is not that much for 11 months. 3 cents a hand means 3 bb/100 at NL? That's decent. No reason to give up. Learn. Get better. I also only play to be a good player. I long ago realized I'm not playing for the money. When I loose I don't care about the money really, but about the fact that I lost. Seems you are like that as well, you just want to play a good game. Maybe you should move up a limit, see if you win there. If I get it right you rather win less from better players, then grind more from weak players.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 AM

Thanks Honey Badger,

I think I'm alot like you. I really enjoy the game as an evolving puzzle, and trying to make the best decision. 3BB 100NL is a bit on the high side for my return, I started at the lowest level available. I've dabbled at 2-4, but didn't feel I was better than enough players at the table. I've read many books, but a good mentor would be great at this stage!!!!