Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 04:13 AM

Default Flop two pair - Please disect and berate accordingly

Hi Guys,

I am still in the infancy of my poker playing. No real reads on these players having been sat down for 7 hands although SB seemed to be pretty aggressive. Had my first rotten session last night where i couldnt buy a hand. How did I play these hands?

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.15/$0.3
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) <font color="red">Hero</font> is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="blue">SB Calls</font> , <font color="red">Hero checks</font> .

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
<font color="blue">SB checks</font> , <font color="red">Hero bets</font> , UTG calls, <font color="blue">SB calls</font> .

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3BB, 3 players)
<font color="blue">SB bets</font> <font color="red">Hero raises</font> , UTG calls, <font color="blue">SB 3-bets</font> , <font color="red">Hero calls</font> , UTG calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12BB, 3 players)
<font color="blue">SB bets</font> , <font color="red">Hero calls</font> , UTG folds.

Results:
Final pot: 14BB

OK at this point I am about 16 hands in and the SB is the same player as before - so far he is raising everything and is catching draw after draw it seems.

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.15/$0.3
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="blue">SB calls</font> , <font color="red">Hero raises</font> , CO folds, Button calls, <font color="blue">SB calls</font> .

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
<font color="blue">SB checks</font> , <font color="red">Hero bets</font> , Button folds, <font color="blue">SB calls</font> .

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
<font color="blue">SB bets</font> , <font color="red">Hero raises</font> , <font color="blue">SB 3-bets</font> , <font color="red">Hero caps</font> , <font color="blue">SB calls</font> .

River: 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12BB, 2 players)
<font color="blue">SB bets</font> , <font color="red">Hero calls</font> .

Results:
Final pot: 14BB
Old 11-16-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Flop two pair - Please disect and berate accordingly

Hand 1:
With the 3rd spade on the turn and the donk bet I would only call this one down.

Hand 2:
After SB's 3-bet on turn I would not cap and only call down.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 AM

hi sean, welcome to the forum!

in your first hand, i don't hate your line, but i don't hate just calling down from the turn onward, either. sb's line of bet/3bet looks like he turned his flush or has a set possibly. we do have two pair but it's not a great spot for them.

in your second hand, you can limp/check this preflop, or raise if you want, however it's a pretty thin raise. obviously you hit a nice flop. if he hit his 6 on the turn there, that would suck, but i like going to war more in this hand than in the last one, because a lot of times he'll have just an ace here, or maybe an ace with a good kicker, and our aces up beat his. i'm not sure if capping or just calling his 3bet is better. it seems less likely that he has a flush in this one unless he has ax of clubs.

bbb
Old 11-16-2006, 09:38 AM

It was a difficult decision as I had seen him re-raise with any piece of the flop a number of times. He just seemed to be drawing out on everyone, which is why I stayed in the hand.

Also this is a stupid question I am sure but when posting player stats ie. x/y/z

What are the standard stats to post as I have gametime+ set up but I want to make sure I am displaying the most useful stats
Old 11-16-2006, 09:47 AM

The problem was if i could confidently put him on a set I would have folded as I would have been getting 5 to 1 odds on the pot with 10.5 to 1 to improve to a full house (is that calc correct?)

But he just seemed to be raising if he hit anything at that point (and afterwards for that matter)
Old 11-16-2006, 10:23 AM

Grunch: In hand 1 I've have played it the exact same way. Flop bet was for value/protection. Turn re-raise against someone who you read as aggressive is fair enough; after he continues to show aggression it's fine to call down. The only exception I'd make to that would be a club on the river. Other than that the pot's big enough that you have sufficient reason to call down.

Hand 2: Similar to the last hand, but I do not understand why you cap the turn on this one. Why did you cap the turn?