Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 02:05 AM

Default Neteller doesn\'t pay and doesn\'t seem to care. Are they going broke?

WARNING DO NOT USE NETELLER if you ever want your money back

Has anybody else ever managed to withdraw their money from Neteller?

We live in Australia. I have US$1,306 stuck in Neteller and despite over a hundred emails and phone calls over the last few months have been unable to get it out.

Here are some of the things we have been through:

We get a message from Support@Neteller.com
“To maintain site integrity and security, NETELLER requires that all clients perform a ONE time phone verification with us. This is to ensure that no other person is trying to fraudulently use your personal information. Your account has been placed under review. This is only a minor occurrence. If an account has questionable or matching information, the account is placed on a “temporary hold.”
We phone from Australia – takes about five phone calls and a lot of money to finally reach someone to confirm who we are. We then have to wait for them to phone us back.

They ask us to send identification, including a Drivers Licence.

We send the ID as requested.

We get message from Certifyme@Neteller.com
We have received your identification for certification. However, it is required that you send a copy of a recent phone bill issued within the last 3 months clearly displaying your name, phone number and address to complete the certification process.

The phone bill is in my husband’s name which is different to mine and I have already sent a much higher IDs including a Driver’s Licence.

I sent several emails asking what to do but never get any replies.

They still want a phone bill so we send my husband’s phone bill.

They can’t accept it as it is in my husband’s name.

Another 72 minutes on the phone to rude people who either put me on hold or cut me off altogether so I have to phone back and go through the process again and again. This is an international call from Australia.

Finally, get to talk to Senior@Neteller - Mike Agent 978 who appeared to be helpful and said to fax phone bill to him. I keep him on line whilst I try and send the fax (knowing from past experience it might not work). Surprise! The fax number Mike gives me does not work.
Scan phone bill and send it as PDF.

Meanwhile I get another one of those emails:
Please call to speak with a representative from NETELLER Security regarding your account.
Nothing happens – wait and keep emailing. Finally manage to reach somebody via an email to Complaints@Neteller.

Get email from matthew.norrish@NETeller.com
We apologize for the inconvenience that you have incurred during this recent situation. Before NETELLER can refund a client's funds, we must be able to verify a client's identity. This must be accomplished to protect the security and integrity of our clients' account with NETELLER. We do show that you have at this time sent in a copy of your Driver's license and phone bill, however the phone bill did not meet the security standards required by NETELLER.

In order to process your refund, we will need to receive a colour copy of a recent phone bill (issued within the last three months) that is uncropped and clearly indicates, your address, name, and phone number as registered with NETELLER. The document that you sent did not meet these criteria fully.

They never asked for it in colour and had wanted it faxed which would not have been in colour.
Scan it again in colour and send it together with marriage certificate to Mike who I spoke to before, Mathew above and everyone else.

Nothing happens – wait and keep emailing.

Get message from certifyme@neteller.com
We have received your certification documents. However, the file type you specified is not supported by NETELLER.
Please resend your documents using a supported file type (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *pdf, *.bmp, or *.gif) to:
E-mail: certifyme@neteller.com
Fax: 001 403 230 0898
Please be sure to include your 12-digit NETELLER account number at the top of the fax or scanned image.
To complete the certification, NETELLER requires one initial phone contact. If you have not yet provided a phone confirmation, please contact NETELLER at the telephone number(s) below. If you are unable to call, please respond to this e-mail with a more convenient time and the phone number where you can be reached. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Thank you for choosing NETELLER.

It WAS in PDF – the same as we sent last time when they said it needed to be in colour.
We have done the phone ID on numerous occasions.
Phone again and again and finally reach someone who says send it in JPG. Send it again in JPG.

Get message from admin@Neteller asking ME to contact them (another expensive phone call) as there is a security problem with my account!

Get message from security@neteller.com
Dear Valued NETELLER Member
A NETELLER representative has just spoken to you. This is a standard security procedure used by NETELLER to verify your identity.
Your account has been activated. You can now use your NETELLER account to send money to friends and over 1,500 online merchants worldwide. It’s simple and easy – The Fastest Way to Pay and be Paid Online.
Should you have any questions or feel you have received this email in error, please contact NETELLER Customer Service, available 24 hours a day.
Thank you for choosing NETELLER.

Do you get the picture?
We tried to CLOSE the account and withdraw all my money.
After weeks of phone calls, emails, time and money we are now back where we started.
Since then we have had THREE more your account is under review message.

Now nobody answers my emails and I can not call.

Mike Agent 978 no longer replies and Mathew Norris from Complaints does not reply.

If I ring I get an incomprehensible phone operator if I am lucky who I can not understand and who can not do anything.

I am trying to withdraw MY MONEY and to have it transferred directly into MY BANK ACCOUNT in Australia – both accounts are in my full legal name.

They agree that they have received:
• My driver’s licence – highest form of ID in Australia apart from a passport
• My wedding certificate
• Phone bill in my husband’s name in colour confirming address and phone number
• Share Certificates in my name showing my address and bank details
• THREE phone calls to my confirmed telephone number
• Zillions of emails to and from my confirmed email address
• Many phone calls to and from confirmed phone number
• FULL Bank Account details for my bank account in my name

But they won’t give me back my money. What can I do?
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Neteller doesn\'t pay and doesn\'t seem to care. Are they going broke?

Have you tried clicking "Withdrawal"?
Old 11-16-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Neteller doesn\'t pay and doesn\'t seem to care. Are they going brok

I withdraw from Neteller all the time with no problems.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Neteller doesn\'t pay and doesn\'t seem to care. Are they going broke?

tl, dr

Just want to confirm that I withdrew from my Neteller account to my bank account many, many times without any problems.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:41 AM

I just cashed out last week and got my money in a few days
Old 11-16-2006, 04:44 AM

also no problemo
Old 11-16-2006, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Neteller doesn\'t pay and doesn\'t seem to care. Are they going brok

I haven't had any problems at all. Your situation sounds horrible though, you seem to have done pretty much everything you can do.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:03 AM

I have clicked withdrawal. Tough making it work when they first say that the account is suspended, then they say that it is closed, then they say that it is suspended again. They never pay and they never give us access to the money - it is harder anyway when you are in Australia. Their 1 800 number in Australia isn't working anymore either. Nice that you have decent experiences - from our point of view it is behaving like a company going broke - never paying, always delaying, always another flimsy and contradictory request.
Month in, month out.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:05 AM

the phone number thing is a pain in the ass. I live near a state border so I have an address in one state and a cell phone from another.

When they were mailing out the new atm cards i had too put my new address. It wouldn't let me do this because my area code for my phone is from texas but my new address is in new mexico. I called them a few times and they said they would fix it yadda yadda, you can change your address now yadda yadda but it would never work. Finally I just put up a bogus phone 505-555-5555 so i could fix my address. Then they locked my account.

Their CS was rude to me when I called about getting my account unlocked. lots of hassle. I feel for you.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:22 AM

It seems to me your problems started at square one.Most people go through the verification process right out of the gate.This seems to have been at least partially responsible for your dilema.Also i would be curious if there was any other "red flag" type statements made while filling out your personal information.Not implying you did anything wrong,but meaning,phone number not matching,or just simple kind of thing like that.