Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 11:54 PM

Default 3/6 Maximizing vs. TAG

CO is a multi-tabling TAG that I've played a lot against. Might be a 2+2'er, I'm not sure. He's 25/17 (edit from 12)/3.2 over a 3k+ sample. I also have some history with him in the FR games on Party. He is very capable of making tough folds at any point in a hand.

I think he knows that I would 3-bet his CO openraise relatively lightly, but regardless of that I view his cap as meaning either AK or AA-QQ. The fact that both of the blinds are loose/terrible probably gives my 3bet a little more weight, too. His bet/3-bet line on the turn (coupled with a noticeable pause before 3betting) tells me that he has an overpair pretty much 100% of the time here, and that it's going to be AA the vast majority of those. I believe he would have expected me to raise the flop with a ten, so he's very unlikely to put me on turned trips.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.5SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero...?

Given the read, go ahead and cap the turn, or call the 3bet intending to raise a non-ace river or bet the river if he checks to me?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: 3/6 Maximizing vs. TAG

he mite be able to fold to ur cap with an overpair if hes capable of what u think he is, as his 3bet is because he knows u might wait to pop the turn with a wide range he beats JJ QQ KK (if he has AA), maybe even 88 99 picked up flush draw on this board on the turn u could raise. against a very good tag u could call here pop the river call the 3bet but id cap here. river if he leads is tougher

is his capping range vs u that tight preflop? it could be 10 10 or even 77 vs many opponents if ur 3bettin light, after his turn action its a real hand im thinkin but ive seen bet 3bet bluffs on top pair pairing before so maybe not cappin here is best.

u can go either way same amount of bets go in most of the time if u cap bet river or call raise river as long as hes got what u put him on (and he cant get away from it after 3bettin the river)
Old 11-16-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is his capping range vs u that tight preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it is. Partially a carryover from our FR days, partially because of position, and partially because he has a tendency towards weak/tight play at times. JJ-TT are possible, although I'd expect him to call the 3bet and wait for a safe flop with either of those hands. I don't think he's capping 77 OOP ever.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:32 AM

I'd cap the turn. no sense in waiting. If he has a 10 he won't fold.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:39 AM

I dont understand the point of this post. Please cap the turn. There is absolutely no other viable line here once youve established the fact that you think the villain has an overpair. Keep in mind that if you capped the turn and he folded his Aces, this is a great event for you becuz any overpair has a profitable draw to beat you.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 AM

Cap the turn.

You want him to fold his AA. Take the pot while you can!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:44 AM

^^

I agree with Freddy above.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:24 AM

id keep betting infinitum
Old 11-16-2006, 10:10 AM

Okay, okay...I did cap the turn, and he did fold to the cap. I was obviously a bit disappointed &amp; thought that I could've gotten at least 1 more BB out of him by calling the 3bet, but I also wasn't thinking of the fact that he actually had four outs to a win, and not just two.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 PM

Given your description and read of Aces I wait for the river.
If you think there is a chance this is A10 (which you don't) than I would keep banging right now.