Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 11:49 PM

Default I have the answer

It seems to me that the recent legislation passed by congress is labile. How can it be that congress has the manque and ignorance to pass such dolorous legislation? Easy..they all know that what they do has no real significance to us or the 'real word.' Online poker sites operate with the intent of making money. That simple. Online poker is not going anywhere because we the people aren't going anywhere. The solution is to explain to the government that poker is a real thing. One that will not go anywhere. If we can get a representative or something to explain the SKILL involved then they will have no choice but to amend the law quickly. We must find an individual to represent our interests with the intent of changing what cannot be changed.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Re: I have the answer

quit emunscipating and making up words. it makes you look like a schlutzzlefuss.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:29 AM

is labile a real world?
i was gonna look it up but bleh im lazy.
Leach acknowledged poker is a game of skillz. He dont care.
Guess it dont matter what he be thinking now but im sure Kyl has similar views as Leach.
Frist dont give a [censored] about gambling he just wants to be President.
So what i be saying is your whole point is largely irrelevant.
There are no reasons for politicians to come out strongly pro poker. Nothing really political to be gained.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:42 AM

*whew* i was worried we'd never come up with a solution.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
quit emunscipating and making up words. it makes you look like a schlutzzlefuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both labile and dolorous are real words. In the event that you see a word and have no idea what it means, you might consider looking it up using Google's "define: [word]" function. Making accusations at someone with a better developed vocabulary than you makes you look like an ignoramus who can't engage his brain before opening his mouth.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:07 AM

So Sean......Have you not read any of the threads???? This is what we do in here. Ask anyone......If we can't call each other names, and run each other down, then darn it, it's just no fun at all. May as well just play poker ......
Old 11-16-2006, 01:11 AM

the whole problem wit the post is he uses the huge words and yet his point is fairly basic and not valid.

strikes me as not even a serious post.

dont understand the point of using words that 99 percent of the population wont know. in general people do it cause their underlying point is weak.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:00 AM

Forum regulars and trolls alike like to make new names are start obnoxious threads. Just, to see what happens and spice things up a tad. Before you all begin to get all riled up, please note the brand new registration and post count by Krupatime. Oh by the way Sean, this is Nate's forum.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:34 AM

My apologies for flying of the handle a bit there, but that kind of thing is a minor sore point with me. I come from a family of compulsive readers with overdeveloped vocabularies, and caught pretty much the same accusation the entire time I was growing up (though in retrospect I'll admit that it is a bit weird for a nine year old to use the word bailiwick in normal conversation). Again, I apologize if I offended anyone. With that out of the way, I will agree that the subject material of the original post was crap.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:52 AM

I have the question: "Huh?"