Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Stealing with K4s vs LPA

Villian stat: 53/13/1.06 WtSD 26% (42 hands)

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 4BB

Is this hand to bad (low standard) to steal from such opponent? Do you think my turn decision is right?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Stealing with K4s vs LPA

[ QUOTE ]
Is this hand to bad (low standard) to steal from such opponent? Do you think my turn decision is right?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your chance of winning it PF with a steal? (ie will they ever fold to a steal PF?)

btw I'd fold the turn as well
Old 11-15-2006, 06:37 PM

From the button, K4s is worth a try vs. just about anyone imo. Easy turn fold, as 2 pair/a straight/a flush is quite likely on that board (plus any hand he may have slowplayed on the flop).
Old 11-15-2006, 07:14 PM

I think this hand is fine unless blinds always call. In that case I'd like a better kicker. However flop and turn are fine.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:13 PM

this guy is not the right type of opponent to be stealing light against. remember when we steal, we are just hoping that everyone folds and we get the blinds. you have a hand with little showdown value unless it improves on the flop, possibly two villains, one of whom is likely a showdown monkey who plays a few many hands. i'd save my money for a better spot.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy is not the right type of opponent to be stealing light against. remember when we steal, we are just hoping that everyone folds and we get the blinds. you have a hand with little showdown value unless it improves on the flop, possibly two villains, one of whom is likely a showdown monkey who plays a few many hands. i'd save my money for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way off, pfr is fine versus just about anyone.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:52 PM

Yeah I raise this pf here and i'm generally a nit preflop.

Postflop is good.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way off, pfr is fine versus just about anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate? I see no reason to raise a hand on the button that has next to no showdown value in what is likely to be a 3 way pot. This seems like a fold against opponents that we can estimate our fold equity to be ~20-30%.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 AM

I usually dont steal with this low of suited kings just cuz i steal enuff other range of hands i dont need my table image [censored] up anymore than it already is as id rather have people hardly [censored] with me more than always in lhe. i think you can profitably tho i just have yet to really incorporate that into my game unless a specific opponent is ripe for it.

fold to turn donk? yeah
Old 11-16-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Care to elaborate? I see no reason to raise a hand on the button that has next to no showdown value in what is likely to be a 3 way pot. This seems like a fold against opponents that we can estimate our fold equity to be ~20-30%.

[/ QUOTE ]

K4s is well ahead of the average holding, and loose/passives are very likely to call with plenty of below average hands. And to pay you off with worse pairs/chase weak draws when you flop something.

Tack on the fact that they're pretty easy to read and you'll have position on them postflop, and this should be a remarkably easy raise.