Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Poker Documentary w/Annie Duke and Daniel Negreanu

I'm not sure if this is the right forum . . .

U.S. Poker Documentary Wins The Pot With International Film Award

LOS ANGELES/EWORLDWIRE/Nov. 15, 2006 --- No Limit, the feature length Poker Documentary won the award for "Best Director (ensemble)" at the Australian International Film Festival.

The moive has received strong reviews on the Festival circuit:

- The Las Vegas Sun said, " 'No Limit' is mother of poker docs."

- U.S.A. Today proclaimed, "These guys are like the last American cowboys - there are some great stories told."

- The Toronto Star claimed, “It’s a roller-coaster ride with an adrenaline high.”

Staring in the movie are such poker ledgonds as Doyle Brunson, Phil Gordon, Phil Hellmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Scotty Nguyen, Annie Duke, Chris Moneymaker, Mike Sexton, David Sklansky, Barry Greenstein, Amir Vahedi, Charlie Shoten, Chip Jett, Chris Jesus Ferguson, Clonie Gowen, David Devilfish Ulliot, Evelyn Ng, Howard Lederer, James Mcmanus, Jennifer Harman, Kathy Liebert, Kenna James, Larry Flynt, Layne Flack, Linda Johnson, Lou Krieger, Mel Judah, Mark Seif, Men the Master, Miami John Cernuto, Puggy Pearson, Steve Lipscomb, Thor Hansen, Tom Mcevoy, Vince Burgio, Warren Karp and Yosh Nakano.

Directed by Tim Rhys and Brian O'Hare, No Limit is a true story that follows two single parents who decide to chase the "American Dream." The film takes the audience on an eight-month journey down the poker tournament trail. It's a long and winding road that ends in Las Vegas at the biggest tournament of them all, The World Series of Poker. There are many highs, lows, and in-betweens along the way that could spell disaster for these two and their four-year old child, but all they need to do is win one tournament.

No Limit is an unprecedented look inside the world of high stakes poker, featuring interviews and words of wisdom from over 40 of the top players in the world. Poker and "The American Dream" have never been so exposed.

No Limit is available at Amazon.com as well as at other select retailers. The trailer may be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK33XyeGAqk
Old 11-15-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Poker Documentary w/Annie Duke and Daniel Negreanu

I'll probably watch it when it comes out.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:08 PM

sounds interesting. I'm actually suprised something like this wasn't done sooner.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:52 PM

im super exited
Old 11-16-2006, 02:49 AM

Insert photo of Fonzi waterskiing here >>>>>

Arrgh, I'll probably see it in the same way I'd rubberneck a car crash. The interviews look like same 'ol same 'ol but delivered over the top.

I don't know...Watching the trailer just makes me think of Best of Breed and Spinal Tap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2006, 04:44 AM

Does anyone know if you can rent this or do I have to buy it...I couldn't find it on Netflix.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Staring in the movie are such poker legends as Doyle Brunson, Phil Gordon, Phil Hellmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Scotty Nguyen, Annie Duke, Chris Moneymaker, Mike Sexton, David Sklansky, Barry Greenstein, Amir Vahedi, Charlie Shoten, Chip Jett, Chris Jesus Ferguson, Clonie Gowen, David Devilfish Ulliot, Evelyn Ng , Howard Lederer, James Mcmanus, Jennifer Harman, Kathy Liebert, Kenna James, Larry Flynt, Layne Flack, Linda Johnson, Lou Krieger, Mel Judah, Mark Seif, Men the Master, Miami John Cernuto, Puggy Pearson, Steve Lipscomb, Thor Hansen, Tom Mcevoy, Vince Burgio, Warren Karp and Yosh Nakano.

[/ QUOTE ]

DNC
Old 11-16-2006, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Insert photo of Fonzi waterskiing here >>>>>

Arrgh, I'll probably see it in the same way I'd rubberneck a car crash. The interviews look like same 'ol same 'ol but delivered over the top.

I don't know...Watching the trailer just makes me think of Best in show and Spinal Tap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-17-2006, 11:43 PM

I actually have this on DVD.

It is being offered on Ebay by one of the producers.

It is definately entertaining for people interested in poker. My only complaint is the movie does not quite know whether it wants to be a bunch of short interviews with well known pros or if it wants to be the story of a lady taking a shot at the tournament circuit. Being both takes a little away from the movie.

I personally liked it but I can see where a lot of people may not.

Don't go into it expecting a lot of extensive pro interviews. There are a lot of pro interviews that last 20-30 seconds.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:09 AM

Hopefully it will come to IFC. (Channel 550 for those of your with DirecTV.)