Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Default AC Nov 25 - Dec 3 (mostly Tropicana)

IsaacW and I will be at the Trop from Nov 25 - Dec 3. Probably arriving evening on Saturday the 25th. I haven't been to the Trop in over a year, so I can't get a Saturday poker rate, so in true degenerate fashion, we're playing all night Saturday night/ Sunday morning until our room is ready. Anyone else going to be in town that week?

We'll probably end up at Borgata on the 2nd, and crashing somewhere cheap in Absecon that night.

Does the Trop have $5 craps on weekdays? If not, is there somewhere a short walk up or down the Boardwalk that does?

I'll probably spend most of my time in the pink chip game, with occasional forays to 1/2NL and 5/10 stud. Anyone who wants to meet up let me know.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: AC Nov 25 - Dec 3 (mostly Tropicana)

if you get there early enough on saturday - somewhere around 5 or 6 of play, go talk to Julie in the back. Tell her you'd like to get a room if at all possible, and she might be able to do something for you if you had a solid history over a year ago.

The Absecon Holiday Inn has quality rooms for not too bad of a price. If you want a Sat night room, you'll probably want to call ahead. like... now might even be too late.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:10 PM

When I talked to Melanie, she said that play vanishes after a year, and she couldn't see anything about my past play.

I see a lot of disagreement over which motels on rt 30 are the best. Ask 10 people which is nicest and which is nastiest, and you'll get 10 different answers, with a lot of overlap between the two lists. 78suited says avoid Days Inn at all costs; I stayed there 2 years ago and it was clean and dirt cheap.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM

I'll be at the Borgata on those dates.

I despise the games at the Trop; the last two times I stopped there I regretted it, so now it is Borgata only.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 PM

What don't you like about the games at the Trop? I haven't been there in a year, but before that I was a regular for a while, and the games were consistently great.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What don't you like about the games at the Trop? I haven't been there in a year, but before that I was a regular for a while, and the games were consistently great.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Were" consistently great is the key. I agree with that, but now they have been awful the last 2-3 times I was there.

I guess the fact that borgata has their new room opened?

I sat 2/5 and 1/2 and both had average pots probably 1/5 of what they used to. Very nitty.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:41 PM

I was in AC last week and could not find any $5 craps tables. I was told they had one at the Taj & Borgata before noon, but I never made it over to either one.

Just for you info. did you now that the Trump Clasic is being run during the time you will be in town. There is also some special tourny being run at the Borgata the first weekend in Dec.

Good Luck
Have a profitable trip.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:50 AM

I'm looking forward to this trip; I'll be playing $4/8 mostly since my luckbox isn't as tuned up as jar's has been lately :-)

Does anyone know what the prize pool is for the monthly invitational freeroll? Is it worth trying to get 30 hours in between Saturday evening and Monday morning? Of course, since we might not be able to check in until 6 PM Sunday, we might rack up that much anyway ;-)
Old 11-20-2006, 10:17 AM

I'm surprised $5 craps is so hard to find. I was at Mohegan Sun this summer for a concert, and they had $5 craps Saturday afternoon of a holiday weekend.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I talked to Melanie, she said that play vanishes after a year, and she couldn't see anything about my past play.

I see a lot of disagreement over which motels on rt 30 are the best. Ask 10 people which is nicest and which is nastiest, and you'll get 10 different answers, with a lot of overlap between the two lists. 78suited says avoid Days Inn at all costs; I stayed there 2 years ago and it was clean and dirt cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go down to exit 30 on the Parkway (Somer's Pt.); there are a few hotels there that are pretty cheap.