Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 02:38 PM

Default Deep stacked blind war vs. a decent LAG and things get....interesting

Villain is LAG. He's been on two of my tables for about three hours now and he's running 32/22/4 over 350 hands. My general impression is that he knows what he's doing. For the most part, when he gets to showdown, he's got the goods. However, he's made significant mistakes often enough to leave room for doubt with regards to skill. For example he called a TAG's all-in 75BB 4-bet preflop with AKo about half an hour before this hand. I've also seen him call an all-in bet on the river with TPTK when the river card completed a possible flush AND a possible straight (note - he CALLED all-in, he didn't raise all-in). So it's possible he's not as good as I think he is, and he's just running hellishly hot. Then again, these could have been read-based decissions and he's every bit as good as I suspect he is, if not better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

My image is TAG, and Villain is definately aware of this. He's made a number of aggressive moves against me and I'm quite certain that he's successfuly run a couple of bluffs past me.

Lastly, it should be noted that Villain is QUITE comfortable putting a lot of money into the pot with a marginal hand (or less) if he thinks he has enough fold equity.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($126.35)
SB ($19)
Hero ($128.50)
UTG ($45.80)
MP ($45.45)
CO ($68.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $4.

<font color="blue">Villain could literally have ATC at this point, or close to it. I'm seriously putting him on a range of any pair, any two paint cards, and SC's, any suited one-gappers, any suited Ace or King, as well as possibly any medium+ non-suited connectors, and any Ace rag.</font>

Flop: ($12.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $29.5</font>, Hero.....?

A few thoughts here...

1) Based on our history, I fold in this situation almost always. I suspect Villain knows this.

2) This large raise from villain is somewhat typical in hands he's playing against known TAG's. Yes, he could be betting this big with air. Or he may actually have a hand. His raise size isn't terribly significant.

3) If I decide to my hand is good, I'm going to the felt, one way or another...for @260BB.

What's my line, and why?
Old 11-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Deep stacked blind war vs. a decent LAG and things get....interesting

4-bet to $80, you are so ahead of his range you do not want him to fold, if he has a set here its variance...

Giving villian no bluff whatsoever...

Hold'em Simulation
42,570 trials (Exhaustive)
board: 4hAhTs
Hand Pot equity Wins Ties
AcTc 70.79%
AA,TT,44,AT,A4,AQ,AK,AJ,KhQh,ThJh,ThQh,ThKh 29.21%
Old 11-15-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Deep stacked blind war vs. a decent LAG and things get....interest

[ QUOTE ]
4-bet to $80, you are so ahead of his range you do not want him to fold, if he has a set here its variance...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-15-2006, 05:40 PM

re-raise no problem. why are you floding top 2 pair in this situation usually? i think thats too tight but im a donkey. this is a real question.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Deep stacked blind war vs. a decent LAG and things get....interesting

You mean 3-bet?

If we don't want villain to fold, why are we reraising? I prefer a flop call and c/r AI on the turn.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:00 PM

I don't think we can consider folding this, given villain's history. I call the flop raise, planning to C/R AI on the turn. If the turn is a heart, or a king, queen or jack, I may have to reevaluate.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:02 PM

btw, you really fold here usually against LAGs??
Old 11-15-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, you really fold here usually against LAGs??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OP wasn't talking about folding top two, but rather folding to a big raise OOP in a RRed pot. At least, I hope that's what he was talking about, because I'm never folding top two in this situation versus a LAG. In fact, I'm not sure I'm folding top two here ever, except against super nits.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:07 PM

I like the re raise on the flop here. I wouldnt wait for the turn here.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:33 PM

call/min-raise and get the rest in on the turn