Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 12:33 PM

Default calling raises

Im familiar with the general guideline about calling a raise with a pocket pair say if it isnt more than roughly 5% of my stack size but are there any rough guidlines about how much of a reraise i can call..for example

If both my opponent and i have $25 dollars and he opens with $1 raise i know it would be ok to call as it is less that 5% of my stack but if i open 3xBB and am then re-raised, how much of a reraise can i call profitably?

thx Har [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: calling raises

it depends on what you have and villians likely range and relative position. If questions like this were so easy everybody would be good

(You should try posting specific hands)
Old 11-15-2006, 12:47 PM

I think it's still the 5-10 rule facing a re-raise. Is the additional money you'd have to put in to see a flop more than 10% of your or villain's stack? Then it's a fold. Anything less is probably a call against a 3-bet because of huge implied odds.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:12 PM

No...the 5/10 rule is specifically for pocketpairs because if you flop a set you are much much more likely to have the best hand (and it's hidden and much easier to make money off of it). If you are calling reraises with bad hands because it was some % you are going to donk off your chips when you hit but are still way behind.

Seriously there is no general answer that makes it easy. Until you learn what is okay to call with in specific situations just tend to be tight.

edit: typo