Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 11:49 AM

Default 55

Button was about 30/20/1.5 after 50 hands. I had been running very well, raising about 25% of the pots so he probably sees me as quite laggy.

Prima Poker skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: 5.75BB

I was going to fold to a flop 3-bet. C/f when A hits OK?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: 55

I don't think this is a bad flop get the money in on. If he has 2 broadways he's peeling because he has overs/gutshot/oesd. If he has a pocket pair or sometimes ace high he's calling you down because of the number of draws you could have and the amount you've been raising preflop. It also gives you some folding equity next time when you c/r with a gutshot or oesd and mixing it up is pretty important 4 handed.

I prefer capping preflop if he's weak postflop (well worth the extra bet preflop if he'll auto-fold the ace/king high flops for example, where by calling you'd be the one check/folding). Another option is leading the flop, but this puts you in an awkward spot when an A/K falls on the turn.

That said I would bet/fold the turn here. I think he'll fold 20% of the time with hands like KJ/KT/66/etc as you are showing a lot of aggression.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:37 PM

The trouble that I am having when looking at this hand, is that you are checking the turn after having taken the initiative by check raising the flop.

I suppose the question is, what range of hands the button might have 3-bet preflop with.

Theres a fair chance that the flop missed the button as it did not have an A or K, but you just dont know.

I think that I would have preferred check/calling the flop to check/raising.

Thats because if your opponent missed the flop, you would not mind him continuing to bet if your pair is good.

Check/calling the flop is also less expensive if your opponent has you beat.

On the turn, I suppose you just have to consider how likely it is that you are now beaten. Would your opponent bet if he only had Kx or worse ?

So, check folding the turn when the A hits looks reasonable to me.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 PM

PF fine, if you're gunna c/r the flop try b/f the turn (he will most likely bet with anything he holds here if you check) then re-eval river.

Otherwise I may go for a c/c on flop, &amp; re-eval turn. I don't like the turn so I would c/f, but if this guy tends to raise light &amp; SD weak then I would call down, but I can only see you beating possibly KJs (maybe 22 or 33! if he's really lagging it up) &amp; that may not be likely either.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:16 PM

d5,

your posts are usually great for me and i'm a big fan of your archived work. that being said, are we bet/folding just about every turn after we check/raise the flop? i don't see many villains folding in this spot and we're prolly getting bet off the turn if we check. this also means we're giving a free card on a very drawy board so if villain is semi-bluffing, we're basically check/folding the turn AND river unless another 5 falls.

please say more about the thought process in this spot (the flop) as played with a preflop call and a preflop cap.

thanks,
bbbushu
Old 11-15-2006, 10:29 PM

I like 3betting this PF HU. This guy can easily have O/C's on the flop. I like the flop check-raise. If he three bets the flop, I think you have to fold this. He typically has to have something better, or maybe an OESD. As played B/F the turn.