Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Thoughts on NE and IND lines this week?

First time poster to this forum.

I was just curious on what you guys thought of the early lines on
IND. -1.5 Vs. Dal

and NE -6 vs. GB for this sunday...

any value here?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on NE and IND lines this week?

Like most others here, I think IND is pretty much unstoppable (as TMQ noted today, they've won 30 straight meaningful regular season games). But betting road favorites is not a good long-term strategy. You can probably pick better spots.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:43 AM

I like Indy, NE & Pittsburgh; which is as many road fav's as I've picked the first 10 weeks combined. Recently I've been sucking though.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:26 PM

I don't like NE here, Green is playing well, Driver, their O-line has improved, Favre is quite capable of having a good game at home, NE's pass D hasn't looked sharp of late. Avoid.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:33 PM

Indy is still -1, -101 at Pinney as of an hour ago when I took them for 5 units. Think they're a great pick this week personally, but I'm still a newbie at sports betting. I'm with McGahee though on the three road favorites this week. Love the Pats. I am a Pats fan but picked the Jets last week. I think we see the same team that showed up in Minnesota a few weeks ago. They are going to be fired up after looking awful the past two weeks. Bellichek will not allow for another performance like that and Brady won't have to deal with playing on the worst field in the NFL (he was slipping and sliding all over the place all day Sunday). And I think Pitt is turning it around. They will win very big against the Browns IMO.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:26 AM

I hope you're right Jibba because I keyed them in teasers this week. Wong or no Wong.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Indy is still -1, -101 at Pinney as of an hour ago when I took them for 5 units. Think they're a great pick this week personally, but I'm still a newbie at sports betting. I'm with McGahee though on the three road favorites this week. Love the Pats. I am a Pats fan but picked the Jets last week. I think we see the same team that showed up in Minnesota a few weeks ago. They are going to be fired up after looking awful the past two weeks. Bellichek will not allow for another performance like that and Brady won't have to deal with playing on the worst field in the NFL (he was slipping and sliding all over the place all day Sunday). And I think Pitt is turning it around. They will win very big against the Browns IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are no Pats fan.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir, are no Pats fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bet them. Just pointed out on the forums that the Jets were a very good pick. So I really have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:16 PM

Road favorites of -2.5 or less don't really fall into the same negative subset as road favorites of a field goal or more.