Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 08:37 PM

Default 33 heads up and Hellmouth goes Insane: 25NL 6max

Is this an instance of a bet that is only called if I am behind?

I thought that I might be able to take the pot down rather than having a villian draw with unimproved overs. Do I even want them drawing though? Maybe that is better?
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
3 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (3 players) hellmouth is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hellmouth raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1.75</font>, BB folds, hellmouth calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hellmouth bets $5.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $5.4</font>, hellmouth calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.55, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $14.55)

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14.55, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $14.55)

Results:
Final pot: $14.55
Old 11-14-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: 33 heads up and Hellmouth goes Insane: 25NL 6max

bump.

someone must want to tear this one apart
Old 11-14-2006, 09:18 PM

Stacks? Reads?

I'm checking this flop through usually. As played, I really hate doubling someone up with third pair.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:56 PM

if you are hellbent on getting your stack in, why not let him shove his overs instead of maybe forcing him out with them? this way, he's putting $ in more frequently with a hand you beat
Old 11-14-2006, 09:57 PM

I probably check here as well.
Stack sizes are weird; we are forced to call any raise after a decent bet on the flop.
Whether to bet or not is largely read dependent here.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably check here as well.
Stack sizes are weird; we are forced to call any raise after a decent bet on the flop.
Whether to bet or not is largely read dependent here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its a sin not to have reads and probably it is especially bad since I am making a nonstandard play. My only read is that he has a short stack and thus is probably not a strong player.

My question really goes to this. I want to contination bet. If SS calls the bet then he is comitted and will call any bet on the turn. I don't like checking because I feel like the only play is to raise.

So I felt at the time like pushing was the only option other than check folding. On a board like this I felt like there was a good possiblility that villian missed. I really wanted to avoid folding with the best hand. Plus as long as villian didn't have top pair I thought that there was a possibility that they would fold better hands than mine (like middle pair).

Thus pushing seemed like the only option.

Prove me wrong.
Greg
Old 11-14-2006, 10:52 PM

I would prefer it if this was a board where a villian folds a better hand but on this board with no reads i hate it
Old 11-14-2006, 10:57 PM

ok for one, your bet on the flop is WAYYYY too big. i actually would not c-bet this hand ... and theres just one reason i wouldnt do it ... he 3bet u PF.

had he not 3bet pf then id raise this all day on a 10 high board.

what your flop bet actually did was put him in the position to either push or fold ... which is terrible for you because he is most likely only going to be pushing w/ hands stronger than yours. u r giving him the chance to get out cheap if he just has 2 overs by the size of your bet.

the other thing your bet did was commit you to the pot ... which is another terrible idea considering u only have a pair of 3s and HE 3BET PF.

had he not 3bet pf and just called, then checked this flop to u, make a PSB then check fold if he gives u any action
Old 11-14-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok for one, your bet on the flop is WAYYYY too big. i actually would not c-bet this hand ... and theres just one reason i wouldnt do it ... he 3bet u PF.

had he not 3bet pf then id raise this all day on a 10 high board.

what your flop bet actually did was put him in the position to either push or fold ... which is terrible for you because he is most likely only going to be pushing w/ hands stronger than yours. u r giving him the chance to get out cheap if he just has 2 overs by the size of your bet.

the other thing your bet did was commit you to the pot ... which is another terrible idea considering u only have a pair of 3s and HE 3BET PF.

had he not 3bet pf and just called, then checked this flop to u, make a PSB then check fold if he gives u any action

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! You are so right. I never should have bet the flop after the pf 3-bet. I was so focused on the flop that I never considered how I got there.

Awsome Response,
Greg
Old 11-14-2006, 11:10 PM

np buddy, glad i could help