Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 10:02 AM

Default 25-50 hand at Foxwoods vs. Brandon Adams

The game is four handed. I am playing my very first hand - and suspect that they might think I am timid (I am sitting with about 15K while the other three players have over 50K.)

Brandon Adams opens for 250. I call in the big blind with As7s. Flop is 7-7-5 rainbow. I check, he bets 500, I call. Turn is 3. I check, he bets 1200. Although a 4 or a 6 would put a four straight on board, I think I ought to just call again: I had been watching this game for a while before sitting in, and Brandon was playing hyper-aggressively, and I think it is worthwhile to continue representing something less strong than what I have - because I think he will bet the river with missed overcards if I check again. So I just call.

River is an ugly 4, making the final board 7-7-5-4-3. I check, Brandon bets 3000.

Comments/advice would be appreciated on the play of all streets - not just river.

Keep in mind that I chose this line in order to keep getting bluff money from missed overs. The game is playing only four handed, and my opponent was extremely aggressive. And as I said, it was my very first hand in the game.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:04 AM

Default Re: 25-50 hand at Foxwoods vs. Brandon Adams

man sam this would be great w/ a stubborn A5 but w/ A7 you need to try to make the pot big, getting someone to bluff at you 3streets is nice, but your hand is alot more then that.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:04 AM

call
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 AM

Bobbo, if I raise at any point, he simply dumps a missed hand. That was his most likely holding in my opinion.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbo, if I raise at any point, he simply dumps a missed hand. That was his most likely holding in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally understand that, but if you bet at any point, he may raise you, too, w/ those missed hands

and, sometimes he wont have a missed hand, and by c/c, it closes the opportunity to let fireworks explode.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 AM

Bobbo, I don't think that with a new player to the game, he is going to raise bluff me. Furthermore, if he has a hand that he is willing to have the fireworks explode with, it is more likely to be beating me (fh) than a weaker seven (which would be the case card) no?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he'll dump a missed hand to a checkraise, but you could have simply led the flop. a lot of aggressive players hate being donk-bet into and love to raise em even with just missed overs. and if he has a real hand, ie a big overpair, he would almost definitely raise you.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he'll dump a missed hand to a checkraise, but you could have simply led the flop. a lot of aggressive players hate being donk-bet into and love to raise em even with just missed overs. and if he has a real hand, ie a big overpair, he would almost definitely raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really doubt this is true against a brand new player to the game. Thinking that he is the best player at the table, Brandon would likely not get too aggro here until he had a bead on me. On the other hand, by playing weakly, I think I get bet into - definitely two barrels, and sometimes three.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbo, I don't think that with a new player to the game, he is going to raise bluff me. Furthermore, if he has a hand that he is willing to have the fireworks explode with, it is more likely to be beating me (fh) than a weaker seven (which would be the case card) no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you make some assertions (sp?) which may or may not be correct:

1. He will 3barrell bluff, but not bluff raise you
2. Your hand, although tripsTK, is relatively a bluff catcher, because if you are to get all your money in, you're looking at 75 or 5-5.

Now, very possible I'm not seeing things in the same manner as you, but in my mind if villain is truly willing to 3barrell an unknown, he is (there is positive correlation) to bluff raise that unknown, too. Especially if you look like you're 'testing' the waters at any point.

and, if you get all in, although you're playing deep, it is 4handed w. the current 3rd nuts. And a decent draw vs the nuts, if it was to go in. So, there is more value to your hand, if a big pot was played.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:14 AM

I'm leading the flop here 90% of the time. given the way the hand played out. you have to call