Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 09:49 AM

Default Ultimate Bet and Absolute HU SnG\'s

Hi,
I am looking to open an account at these sites due to the great sign-up bonuses (I know the sites are merging but am looking to grab both sign up bonuses before this happens).

Can anyone tell me if they are worthwhile sites for a NLHU SnG player? I have the following questions:

1. What are the time limits/blind structures
2. What is the traffic like at the $50 and $100 NLHU SnG's
3. What is the player standard in these games compared to Full Tilt,Pacific and Stars (and other HU sites if there are any)?

I currently play Full Tilt and the blinds go up very slowly there which I like.

I am also considering Stars but the lack of bonus and RB is a concern for me there...............would be happy if any of you HU gurus can answer the above questions or recommend any other sites for HUNL SnG's.

Thanks and regards,
Jules
Old 11-14-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet and Absolute HU SnG\'s

UB has good traffic, and a choice of three structures - their slowest is slower than FT, "turbo" is the same and the fastest resembles FT turbos. Players are weak. There's a rematch feature there, which is the biggest draw.

Don't play at Stars, but I gather the traffic there is great. Apparently they've just restructured their games, though - I think now there's a turbo (faster than FT) or a game where the blinds stay at 15-30 throughout.

I don't play at either for rakeback reasons. You can get RB at UB, but not on tournament fees. You can't at PS at all. The UB bonus doesn't clear fast enough to compensate.

I play at FT (apparently you can now get RB on existing accounts, but I don't know where from because I've had it from the start) and Bodog. The traffic at Bodog is slightly patchier, but their reload bonus deal is cool if you've got a decent bankroll (uncapped 10% of your deposit, but available to play with immediately - you just can't cash it out until you've met the requirements). The bonus clears at $1 per $1 paid in fees, effectively giving you 100% RB whilst your bonus dollars last. I switch between thos two (I reckon you should leave about a month between withdrawing from Bodog and depositing there again for the bonus).