Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 03:15 AM

Default Live 2/3 Feeling Weak with 10\'s Full Ring

Live Full Ring Game, Villian is slightly loose, but a pretty good hand reader and winning player (not hard in this game though).

Blinds 2/3, Buyin 200, I have about 400, Villan covers by heaps.

Preflop
Couple of limpers, Villian in HJ makes it 15. I look down at 10's on the button and decide to call. First Mistake? 3-Bet?

Bout 35 or so in the pot to the flop
Flop is 8 6 2, rainbow. BB Checks, CO (Villian) leads for 25. I RePop to 80 from the button (Mistake 2?), he tanks for about 10 seconds and makes it 160. Hero Folds (Mistake 3?)
Villian is aggressive and capable of complicated bluffs, but he respects my play and so i doubt this is a stone cold bluff often.
I dont play fullring holdem much but how often is this an overpair. Should I only be playing 10's here for set value?

Sorry if this is a really simple question, I'm not a full ring holdem expert for certain.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Live 2/3 Feeling Weak with 10\'s Full Ring

I like a 3 bet pre flop b/c we have pos and increases the likelyhood that we can get the pot HU. 1010 4 or 5 way is not so great of a hand.

As for the flop, raising is def read dependant. If he is aggro and we may face consistent pressure on the turn and the river, I like raising here with what's likely the best hand (at this point).

As played, I think its an easy fold to his 3 bet. With such a dry board, I don't see many hands he 3 bets with that we beat.