Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 01:10 AM

Default Recently Busto and now back on grind

I went busto recently and reloaded 50 and owed my friend 40 on stars so gave it to him now have 10$ left
is it worth it to grind 1-2cent NL back up and can it be done
i can off course beat these stakes but the fact of persistence is at question here,worth it??
Old 11-14-2006, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Recently Busto and now back on grind

any advice ????
Old 11-14-2006, 01:46 AM

The games are definately beatable, plus much more entertaining than high(er) stakes games. Advice? Play ABC poker. Don't bother mixing up your game or making fancy plays. Don't bluff. Suited connectors, suited Aces, and PP's are the nuts.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:57 AM

1cent/2cent on stars is easy to build on with a $10 br. I would basically nut peddle for awhile until you had like $40 then start playing more +EV poker. At those stakes you can literally get away with playing super super tight and bet only when you are quite sure you have the best of it, because everytime you do make a big hand you get action on it. Dont worry about having too tight an image because people bust out and leave so frequently at those tables that there will always be a new fish that has no idea what your about. You can do the same thing at .02/.05 on stars as well. The stacks here are 200BB(10dollars). This is where i rebuilt myself. I used to play limit but I had a pretty bad downswing and then I just got tired of the variance and the grinding. I decided to play those nano stakes games and I was amazed how easy they were to crush.

Just remember, a lot of what you know about normal players goes out the window. You will always get called by draws and frequently by 2nd or bottom pairs. While this is generally great for anybody who wants free money, this can also cause some variance which you cant afford. You get outdrawn 5x ur roll is gone. So play super tight and you'll have no problem getting action with your nut straights and flushes etc. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 AM

Good luck and stay the course y0!
Old 11-14-2006, 03:04 AM

Dude it will take you forever to build a roll playing so low. Just get a job or a second job for a week or two and start with 500 at 25NL
Old 11-14-2006, 03:12 AM

Early in this year I a made a cashout at Paradise. Because You can only cashout full amounts of $$ there, $0.75 were left on my account. Later in spring I had a downswing at Party. When I'm on a downswing, I stop playing for some days or I switch poker rooms.

So, just for fun and for regaining self confidence, I startet playing at Paradise with these $0.75 at the level You mentioned. After two weeks, I had something like $10 and startet playing the $10 5 max level. After 3 weeks, I had something like $75. The 4th week was a setback to $30, but then I soon reached $100 and more. So it can be done. With my $0.75 I had some luck, because with that amount, one or two early bad beats would have stopped me. But with $10, at these levels a horrible streak is the only thing that can stop You, if You play really solid and if You know how to win at these stakes.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:06 AM

thanks for all your tips and advice and I hope not to stray from the grond and never go broke again ty all again
Mrp
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 PM

get a job and put some money in an acoount you broke ass m-er f-ers
Old 11-14-2006, 01:04 PM

Your ability to make money in poker is basically defined by the magnitude and frequency of your opponents' errors, less yours, less the rake.

The short answer is that you can probably do it.

However, no one can answer whether it's worth it or not but you.

--Dave.