Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 AM

Default going all in with aces in NL O8, what can I call with?

title pretty much sums it up.... been playing a bit of NL o8, and run into a bunch of [censored] who just go all in with aces every time they get them. is there any hand i can call profitably against them?

i just want to break them repeatedly.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:02 AM

Default Re: going all in with aces in NL O8, what can I call with?

Well... not really. If they're really going in with any AAxx and only AAxx, then you would want a better AAxx to call them. There are some premium low hands that have an edge vs. crappy high-only AA hands, for example A278 double-suited is nearly 55% vs AAK9 unsuited and a coinflip vs AAT7 unsuited - however against the full range of AAxx there isn't anything to my knowledge that has an edge other than better AAxx. Having said that, I think you have to look at how much money is in the pot to see whether you have odds to call. If they're stealing a couple BB this way it's not really a problem; if they're trying to steal 10 BB then you probably have odds to call with any really good low hand (A23x single or double-suited for example), though it depends how big your stack is.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:44 AM

going all in with every AA is certainly not a bad play at all, especially at the lower limits where you'll get calls from things like A2s...I'm not sure why you call them retards at all. In fact, I like to use this move every now and then in the blinds when there have been a lot of limpers and I have a medium AA hand(something like AA5K single suited)....That hand plays poorly against multiple players and can be hard to play postflop since you'll rarely flop a monster. However its a favorite over most hands that people will limp with, and since you're out of position on the hand, I think its better to just shove. The fact that you call them retards just shows that they have frustrated you with their strategy. Try to stop steaming when they do this and just play your best game. If they're really as bad as you let on, then you should just be waiting for a better spot postflop when you know that you have more of an advantage.

As for your question, bbartlog summed it up pretty well...not much really unless you know that they're only pushing with bad AAs. A better AA is pretty much the only thing you can call with profitably.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:07 AM

callin ppl retarded for pushin an edge? wow...u must b the guy that calls with A33J all the time. gl playin a game if u cant understand why ppl are pushin edges
Old 11-14-2006, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
title pretty much sums it up.... been playing a bit of NL o8, and run into a bunch of [censored] who just go all in with aces every time they get them. is there any hand i can call profitably against them?

[/ QUOTE ]

just type nh in the window and go all in with your AA hands as well - realize that a lot of crap calls those people and thats what makes it profitable - my BB/hand made with AAxx style hands in 1/2 NLO8 on full tilt is pretty amazing, as long as people are calling there is no reason to stop pushing like this
Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 AM

Yes. It's pretty much a 'you can't beat them, so join them' situation. Of course once everyone at the table learns to fold to these all-in bets the game will get kind of boring. IMO the real solution is to switch to PLO8.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:36 AM

Man I used to always lose pushing AAxx preflop when I tried NL. Wrong side of variance [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2006, 02:35 PM

play pot limit instead of stupid no limit 08
Old 11-14-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2279r
Old 11-14-2006, 06:27 PM

I know its profitable...It's just very frustrating...I want to play post flop god damn it!!! If every one did this every time they got AA, it would be allin preflop every other hand preflop. gross, thats not poker.