Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 05:48 PM

Default A-high flush, paired board, facing very large threebet.

Villain and I have tangled quite a bit. I've been beating up on him, and he knows it, he's frustrated with it. I stacked him by reraising with K4s and flopped two pair. Ive been raising a lot, betting a lot, and reraising a lot preflop. Villain managed to get a stack when I had AQo, CO makes it 12, he calls, I reraise to 40, CO called, and he shoved for 120 more, I called and he won the pot with 58s.

So okay, ehre's the hand. He has a little over 300 and I cover. 1/2 Full Tilt Six-max no limit.

Villain limps in CO, I open to 9 from Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB calls, Villain calls.

Flop ($28): J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check around

Turn ($28): 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check, he bets 2, I call.

River ($32): 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He bets $12, I raise to $42, he shoves for a little over 250 more. What do you do?

My basic thought process is, if this guys out to get me, he's gotta see that this is a great spot to shove with a big boat, and I just didnt get that 2 dollar bet on the turn. I thoguht about raising him, but just found it too sketchy, and figured Id just draw to my flush. Then it gets there and this happens. You fold here or do you call it all off?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: A-high flush, paired board, facing very large threebet.

I call, he probably hit his OESD with 43o. The backdoor flush is invisible. Or, he hit his weaker flush... Or whoo whoo, boats full!

It really really depends on your read, but if he's been making such moves with 85s pf, then it seems like I'd have to call with the nut flush.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:58 PM

The way he has been playing I can't see folding this.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call, he probably hit his OESD with 43o. The backdoor flush is invisible. Or, he hit his weaker flush... Or whoo whoo, boats full!

It really really depends on your read, but if he's been making such moves with 85s pf, then it seems like I'd have to call with the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You think he's valuebetting a worse hand? Really? DOes anyone else think this is almost never the case? He just up and SHOVES on a three-flush, paired board, with a straight?

With regard to how hes been playing, if you considr the fact that he got called last time, do you think hes more likely to have the goods this time?

I mean you think waht you think, Im just interested in how you respond to this.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 PM

Didn't you R/R with the intention of folding to a push?