Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 11:02 AM

Default Congratulations SamIam --- the latest software mod

Congratulations Sam.

Excellent choice. You have been nothing but helpful to everyone who comes to call in the Software forum.

How does it feel to have super powers? Can you show us a trick or something....(e.g., leap a tall building)

cheers,
sean
Old 02-01-2006, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Congratulations SamIam --- the latest software mod

Thanks Sean.

My first trick is gonna be some sort of FAQ sticky. After that, there's not much moderation that really needs moderating. It's the Software forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Maybe the occasional banning of a shill, to keep those mod claws sharp.

Otherwise, it's just cruising around in the Mod-Mobile, impressing the chicks with my green screenname.
-Sam
Old 02-01-2006, 01:35 PM

That's awesome, Sam. . . I've installed mods and authored them, but you've become one!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Sean.

My first trick is gonna be some sort of FAQ sticky. After that, there's not much moderation that really needs moderating. It's the Software forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Maybe the occasional banning of a shill, to keep those mod claws sharp.

Otherwise, it's just cruising around in the Mod-Mobile, impressing the chicks with my green screenname.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

you must need a really big stick to keep that "mob-o-chicks" off of you. if you need a manager let me know.

a FAQ will be amazing and long overdue.

it will certainly cut down the same questions being asked every week.

questions like....what is useful/legal/illegal poker software? are there really bots out there? any good training tools? wilsons or poki ? should i use pt? how to use pt? do i need a HUD? should i buy pahud? how to use pahud? can you datamine?

......and my personal current favourite due to it's a guaranteed 2 posts a day kind of topic (and i LOVE it when the same questions get asked over and over and over).......what about the party beta?

cheers,
sean
Old 02-01-2006, 03:01 PM

Default FreqAskedQuestions Question

[ QUOTE ]
a FAQ will be amazing and long overdue.

questions like....what is useful/legal/illegal poker software? are there really bots out there? any good training tools? wilsons or poki ? should i use pt? how to use pt? do i need a HUD? should i buy pahud? how to use pahud? can you datamine? what about the party beta?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good list. The stuff I was writing that you didn't mention is "PokerTracker or PokerOffice?", "How do I change the way stuff looks?", and "AutoRate Rules?".

The real problem with a ton of these questions is that we can't endorse software in an official sticky. (See Cola's comments. <font color="red">Red</font> &gt;&gt; <font color="green">Green</font>. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) Instead, I'll have to link to older discussions, illustrating the forum's opinion(s) without implying an official endorsement by 2+2. That's hard on questions like "Should I buy PokerTracker?".

Guys, give me more suggestions for FAQs. Heck, and answer them! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'll put up the first version of the FAQ soon, but it'll be changed pretty regularly; software's a moving target.
-Sam
Old 02-01-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Re: FreqAskedQuestions Question

This is probably big enough for its own sticky, but..

"Are there any card or table mods for XXXX?"

And the related but slightly different..
"Where can I get card and table mods for XXXXX?"
Old 02-01-2006, 04:23 PM

One suggestion, not sure if it is possible to implement, but I have been working with Wiki software lately, and its very easy to use, and would be great for something like a FAQ. It allows for lots of people could contribute, etc. Its the same software that runs wikipedia (and is free).

But it requires the wiki software, which I doubt is already installed at the 2+2 servers.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:16 PM

You could also include what sites are dataminable in the FAQ. congrats SamIAm.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The real problem with a ton of these questions is that we can't endorse software in an official sticky. (See Cola's comments. <font color="red">Red</font> &gt;&gt; <font color="green">Green</font>. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) Instead, I'll have to link to older discussions, illustrating the forum's opinion(s) without implying an official endorsement by 2+2. That's hard on questions like "Should I buy PokerTracker?".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam,

not sure i understand what you mean about the green to red thing. how do i see cola's comments?

the link goes to the haloscan site. do i need to sign up to see the comments? what settings do i use when signing up?

i do understand "the not officially endorsed by 2plus2" aspect to the FAQ.

thanks,
sean
Old 02-01-2006, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure i understand what you mean about the green to red thing. how do i see cola's comments?

[/ QUOTE ]Boy, Sean, that link works fine for me. Maybe you're clicking it wrong.

Just kidding. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I mistyped the link. I fixed it now. (I can edit posts regadless of age. Convenient that I get to abuse my mod powers in the announcement thread.)

I talked to Cola some more about the ad issue, and I think we're gonna be pretty restricted by 2+2 policy. Fer instance, in the "How do I mod Party?", we can't put an official link to the ChipLitre site, because it's full of ads. This actually makes sense; although it's free to users, it's clearly not non-profit. They get paid for those ads; we don't.

We'll get some questions up, but this likely won't be the cure for the common question. It'll take some finesse.
-Sam