Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Most important poker tracker stats?

What is the consensus on the most important pokertracker stats?

I only pay attention to VPIP, PFR, Total Postflop Aggression, Went to Showdown, Won at Showdown. From following these stats, I can put people into groups (total rocks who only play the nuts, loosey goosey fools who play a lot of pots and lose a lot of showdowns, and people in between).

Lately, I am finding that the Went to Showdown and Won $ at Showdown stat is a lot more important than VPIP, PFR, TA. Thoughts?

What pokertracker stats do other people pay attention to and how do you interpret the stats?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Most important poker tracker stats?

[ QUOTE ]
What is the consensus on the most important pokertracker stats?

I only pay attention to VPIP, PFR, Total Postflop Aggression, Went to Showdown, Won at Showdown. From following these stats, I can put people into groups (total rocks who only play the nuts, loosey goosey fools who play a lot of pots and lose a lot of showdowns, and people in between).

Lately, I am finding that the Went to Showdown and Won $ at Showdown stat is a lot more important than VPIP, PFR, TA. Thoughts?

What pokertracker stats do other people pay attention to and how do you interpret the stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, I've only ever used VPIP,PFR and AF. Can you or someone please explain exactly what Went to Showdaown and WOn at Showdown means and how it's relevant to me deciding what to do in a given situation?Thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 03:52 PM

Went to Showdown tracks how often a player plays a hand to all the way to a showdown. I assume it is not showdowns/all hands dealt to a player but but rather showdowns/hands played (e.g., saw the flop). But I am not sure.

Won $ at Showdown is pretty self explanatory. It is the percentage of times the player won when he or she went to a showdown.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:10 PM

I use all those plus the cold called a raise stat. those are the only ones I have up on my table.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM

What does "cold called a raise" track? How do you use that stat?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:35 PM

Attempted steal and blind defence stats can be very useful.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Went to Showdown tracks how often a player plays a hand to all the way to a showdown. I assume it is not showdowns/all hands dealt to a player but but rather showdowns/hands played (e.g., saw the flop). But I am not sure.

Won $ at Showdown is pretty self explanatory. It is the percentage of times the player won when he or she went to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what #'s are for good players vs fish?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:50 PM

http://www.pokertrackerguide.com/

pokertracker.com

bet-the-pot.com

would be helpful to you
Old 11-13-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What does "cold called a raise" track? How do you use that stat?

[/ QUOTE ]Cold calling in a limit game is calling two or more bets when you havent invested any money yet.Calling from the blind or calling one bet back after you have limped does not apply.It can be a very telling stat because good players rarely cold call.For example,many good players may cold call 0-1 time per session.So if you see a player at your table that cold calls a significant %,it is likely that this player is a losing player,as this mistake can be so costly that even the best players would have trouble being successful while overusing this flawed tactic.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:07 PM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

For shorthanded limit you can never have enough information. Just a question of how much info you can process.

Obviously VP$IP and PFR are important. Next is blind steal and defense numbers which help you put your opponent on a hand range when you're defending and you can customize your stealing hands based upon how much the blinds are defending. I list WTSD to know who is a show down monkey to establish how much I can value bet the river. I like the fold on flop and fold on turn numbers to know who is a pealer and who to take serious. I think there is huge money in knowing who take seriously when they float your flop bet. Last I list their flop c/r percent to know how serious to take their bet.

A lot of numbers, I know and it took me some time to get use to it and it cost me some money figuring out how to use the numbers. It also requires a huge database so that you can trust the numbers.

This is for short handed limit. I recently switched to NL and I find that I use the numbers a lot less.