Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 02:28 PM

Default My Fantasy Basketball Team Sucks....HELP!!

Ok...here's the squad
G/SF - Mike Bibby, Paul Pierce, Cuttino Mobley, Mike James, Luke Ridnour, Kevin Martin, Shane Battier Carlos Arroyo, Raja Bell

PF/C - Kevin Garnett, Amare Stoudamire, Boris Diaw, Chris Kaman, Darko Milicic, Rudy Gay

Some bad picks early....some guys I thought would be putting up decent numbers are not (Diaw, Kaman).

This is an 8 team rotiserrie league.

I'm really hurting at the center spot and I'm in second to last place with the other theams in the league starting to pull further and further away (3PM, Blocks, Steals...even assists).

Is it too early to start worrying? Should I think about starting to make some major moves? Who's worth letting go?

I was thinking about trying to shop around Kevin Martin while his value is high...he's putting up points but not helping me much in any other way....

Any advice would be helpful
Thanks
Old 11-13-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: My Fantasy Basketball Team Sucks....HELP!!

I could try to offer advice, but obviously I'm just going to resort to laughing at this team.

It sucks.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:48 PM

It's not that bad....if Diaw was performing like last year....if Kaman could get his [censored] together and put up some double-doubles and I had a Darko blossom. I'd be fine. But that's not the case.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:57 PM

Too many if's. Kaman should get in the groove sometime soon. The problem with Diaw is that you can't trade him now. You'll get no value for him.

I would try packaging one of your monsters (KG or PP) with a crappy player to get 2 decent players in return.

Now would be a very good time to trade Kevin Martin. With Miller out he's overperforming and I have no reason to believe he'll keep up that pace all year. You should be able to get a decent player in return.

P.S. Darko sucks. Don't count on him blossoming.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would try packaging one of your monsters (KG or PP) with a crappy player to get 2 decent players in return.

[/ QUOTE ]

This approach is almost always fantasy poison.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This approach is almost always fantasy poison.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. People will value 1st rounders way too high, and not understand the benefits of a 2-for-1 to get one. Sure, KG is a beast and will put up monster lines all year, but that's useless without a balanced team.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now would be a very good time to trade Kevin Martin. With Miller out he's overperforming and I have no reason to believe he'll keep up that pace all year

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. In fact once Miller is back, look for his numbers to stay the same, and maybe even improve. Miller is a good passer. Martin is probably going to surprise everyone this year. Interesting item I heard, all the GM's in the league took part in a survey. One of the questions was who was going to have a breakout season. Dwight Howard was first, Kevin Martin was second.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM

Yeah he's a good young player...but he's not posting anything but points and 3 or 4 boards.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah he's a good young player...but he's not posting anything but points and 3 or 4 boards.

[/ QUOTE ]55% of the field, 35% from 3Pt(where he is averaging 1 a game), 93% from the line, 5 boards a game, 2 assists a game, and 2 steals a game. With two TO's a game. Dude, he has tons of value.

BTW, his current yahoo ranking is 26th.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:36 PM

its not fair to say martin is only posting points and 3 or 4 boards. FG and FT % are pretty undervalued a lot of times in fantasy basketball IMO, and kevin martin is shooting over 500 for a SG, which is fantastic. he's also getting 1.8 steals and 1.3 3s. granted, theres no way to guarantee these numbers are gonna keep up, but hes getting his first real shot at playing time and doing well.

To the original poster, i would definitely not trade one great player for two good ones. Fantasy basketball is ultimately won with the great players.