Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 03:55 PM

Default Interesting hand

I'm fairly sure I played this hand correctly, but villain argued with me that I played it badly. Since I think villain had a solid grasp of the game I figured I posted it here.

The biggest part here is the history and how villain thinks about me. I have been playing a tight preflop game but very agressive on the button/CO. Villain has been doing pretty much the same. Before this I tangled with villain a few times. At one point I pushed preflop in a blind battle with AQo and he folded (he 3-bet me), later on I floated him twice (I took it down both times on the turn).
I showed down only winners and I took down a few small-medium sized pots with agression. I won one pot with TPGK on a 5 card straight board (1 missing card to complete the straight) in a blind battle, not sure how he reacts to this.

Off to the hand, since I can't get the converter to convert full tilt hands here it is by memory.

Relevant stacks:
Hero: 180$
Villain: 180$

Hole cards:
A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:
Villain (UTG+1) raises to 3.5$
Hero calls in the button
everyone else folds
Flop (8$)
K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
villain bets 6$
Hero raises to 22$

My thinking during the hand:
Since I have floated him twice before (and he probably realizes that I was likely floating him) I was fairly sure that without a big hand he wouldn't call/raise my reraise. This means I have a ton of fold equity (the only times I reraised on the flop I had a very good--->nuts hand).
The times he calls he likely has a very big hand that he'll have trouble letting go off on the turn/river (AA/AK/or set), he's also not very likely to 3-bet me since I knows I fold everything he beats and only call/push with monsters. So if he calls he's likely to check the turn and perhaps snap of a bluff by me. Again its unlikely I call with a lot if he bets the turn. The plan is to check behind the turn and hope to hit my 4-outer and stack him.

So love it or hate it?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Interesting hand

Pf I don't like, I usually 3-bet or fold.
Flop is standard against a player who is not a maniac or total station. We take it down a lot here, and when we don't the turn goes check/check a lot aloowing us to hit our 4-6 outer for free.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pf I don't like, I usually 3-bet or fold.
Flop is standard against a player who is not a maniac or total station. We take it down a lot here, and when we don't the turn goes check/check a lot aloowing us to hit our 4-6 outer for free.

[/ QUOTE ]
calling pf is fine too
Old 11-12-2006, 04:10 PM

I called preflop since I was fairly sure I could move him of his hand on either the flop or turn. I prefer 3-betting with suited connectors and the like more.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:13 PM

This is fine, good job on hitting the T.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is fine, good job on hitting the T.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really he rivered the J for the split. As expected he checked the turn I bet 45$ and he called. Checked river, I pushed and naturally he called.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:55 PM

haha i saw this hand...and the arguement that followed. Was fine, no worries.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM

What site are you guys playing on :O. Either I'm oblivious or I don't recognize any 2p2ers when im multitabling stars 100 NL. Oh wait, that's cuz I suck and play fullringaments [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2006, 05:13 PM

You played fine up until the part where you started debating your play with villain. Just let them think whatever they want.