Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 02:40 AM

Default JJ, I\'m lost on the turn

Reads: UTG has been 29/8/1.4 over 73 hands. I had been distracted by other things for the last several orbits, but I hadn't noticed him getting out of line. I have noticed that if UTG has a any draw or a made hand, he'll bet out or raise. After doing so, he'll slow down and just call his way to showdown unless his draw comes in.

With that in mind, I'm confused on the turn. UTG's flop and turn actions don't seem to match up to me, except maybe a semi slowplayed TT, or possibly AT which I'm not sure is in his PFR raise range. What to do next?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 5 folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-12-2006, 02:52 AM

Default Re: JJ, I\'m lost on the turn

I'd muck: if you really want to give him credit he could read your PF/flop aggression as not having an Ace, but it doesn't look like he's aggressive enough to pull something like that. As for his flop/turn play, the hands you mentioned are possible, as is AJ/AQ because people make retarded flop raises pretty often because you know, it's only a half bet!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:54 AM

AT maybe? Villian played this hand [censored] though. Raising the turn with an ace is bad poker but I'd fold b/c they do it all the time.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:38 AM

I'd fold after this turn raise. Looks like villain flopped a set or has AT, but even if he was raising you with just ace high on the flop that beats you now.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AT maybe? Villian played this hand [censored] though. Raising the turn with an ace is bad poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I guess I would have played AT the same (except for openraising UTG). Why is it wrong to raise when you turn top two?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AT maybe? Villian played this hand [censored] though. Raising the turn with an ace is bad poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I guess I would have played AT the same (except for openraising UTG). Why is it wrong to raise when you turn top two?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we have KK-JJ what will we do? What about AA/TT? What does the raise accomplish?

Yeah the raise is good if we have AK but how often do we have AK in this situation. 1 in 10,000? Less?
Old 11-12-2006, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If we have KK-JJ what will we do? What about AA/TT? What does the raise accomplish?

Yeah the raise is good if we have AK but how often do we have AK in this situation. 1 in 10,000? Less?

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I think I see your point, but I don't know how bad it is. Somebody with KK/QQ/JJ might just call you down because you have 29/8/1.4 stats over 73 hands (because you ran hot) and hoping to spike a set. I agree that AK is unlikely from villan's pov because of the flop 3bet. If I'm a bit less lazy I'll work out the hand combo's and see that it's prob worse (more -EV) to raise than I thought.

edit: would you call and raise a blank turn, hoping to get a call from JJ/QQ/KK?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:09 AM

Obvious fold.