Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Default middle limit poker in LV/L.A.

hoping a few people can help...

i keep seeing columnists saying that mid-level limit has been dying in las vegas (i'm not sure about L.A.)

would people concur on that? i.e. that the action is going to NL.... i'm thinking of 10-20 (low end) to 30-60 for limit......

thanks in advance!!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:52 PM

Default Re: middle limit poker in LV/L.A.

www.allvegaspoker.com is a great resource. It has a new database of what games are running and where. Whether they are normal, weekend, nightly, ect.. and so on are listed on some of the room pages as well.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:24 PM

photoc, thanks, much appreciated!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hoping a few people can help...

i keep seeing columnists saying that mid-level limit has been dying in las vegas (i'm not sure about L.A.)

would people concur on that? i.e. that the action is going to NL.... i'm thinking of 10-20 (low end) to 30-60 for limit......

thanks in advance!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Los Angeles(downfall being the driving):

<u>Commerce</u>
$20-40 LHE - 24/7, up to 8 tables going on weekend evenings
$9-18 LHE -24/7 up to 10 tables going on weekend evenings.
$40-80 LHE - almost 24/7

<u>Bike</u>- Usually something $20-40 going

<u>Hollywood Park</u> - Usually $15-30 and I forget the other limit. Nearly 24/7

<u>Hawaiian Gardens</u> - $15-30, $20-40, $25-50(I think), $30-60.

<u>Hustler</u> - $25-50 and $50-100. Also $15-30

Las Vegas:

<u>Mirage</u> - $10-20, $20-40, $40-80. Games do not always go and Mirage is considered to be a dying room.

<u>Venetian</u> - Games at all limits, but anything in the mid limit range go irregularly.

<u>Wynn</u>- 1 or 2 $15-30 LHE games. Also $30-60 and sometimes other games. Games are not 24/7 and tend to break by 3-4am if not sooner.

<u>Bellagio</u> Lots of $15-30 and $30-60. Up to 4 of each in the early evenings. Close to 24/7, but the games die during slow parts of the year.

There are a few other games that go occasionally. $10-20 at Orleans, Red Rock, and Binions are the ones that I'm familiar with.

One other thing is slowing stuff down in Vegas. Room rates mid strip have become pretty insane and I believe are drying up some of the supply of money. For instance, this past weekend, room prices were beyond bonkers. Dumps like garden rooms at Tropicana were going for $250 a night. For the first time ever, I saw a TON of people under 25 years old in downtown. I can't help but believe that psycho high room prices conspired to force these people downtown. Without these individuals filling the lowest limit games(typically the $1-3 blind NL games), it made the card rooms appear somewhat empty. I think that this sort of thing makes it less likely that a random player will walk into a room and sit down at a mid limit holdem game....sorta like ploppies don't like playing at empty BJ tables.

So really, if you are a mid limit B&amp;M player, Los Angeles has so much more to offer.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:45 AM

stern, thanks... excellent job!!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Room rates mid strip have become pretty insane and I believe are drying up some of the supply of money. For instance, this past weekend, room prices were beyond bonkers. Dumps like garden rooms at Tropicana were going for $250 a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 Letters was the reason behind this most recent price hike:

SEMA
Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 AM

True report. Limit Hold em above 6/12 in Vegas is more dead than Donald Trumps hair.

Play NL if you are in Vegas.

L.A. has a different breed of sucker and the limit games are good.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Room rates mid strip have become pretty insane and I believe are drying up some of the supply of money. For instance, this past weekend, room prices were beyond bonkers. Dumps like garden rooms at Tropicana were going for $250 a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 Letters was the reason behind this most recent price hike:

SEMA

[/ QUOTE ]

Lately it's been the same story every weekend. Check this coming weekend. Everything in the TI range is around $250. Not quite the insane SEMA prices but the typical weekend gambler doesn't want to cough up $500 just for the room, then another $300 for the flight. With parking and other incidentals you're stuck a grand and you haven't even hit the tables yet.

It won't last though. Even on SEMA weekend both the Wynn and Venetian found themselves with more unsold rooms than they expected and dropped rates at the last minute. The massive expansions going on now will result in an excess of rooms in a couple years.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check this coming weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

This upcoming weekend is the tail-end of the Comedy Festival.

While we're at it...

The two weekends after Thanksgiving weekend (12/1-3, 12/8-10) will be both tied up with the National Finals Rodeo in town.

Then there's New Year's Weekend (Fri 12/29 - Mon 1/1) with the added bonus of UFC at MGM Grand that Saturday with Tito Ortiz v. Chuck Liddell on top, as if Vegas isn't enough of a zoo during New Year's.

And then 2/9-2/11 for Valentine's Day, with the following weekend, 2/16-2/18, being the NBA All-Star Weekend.

So better get in the cheapo Vegas fun during January.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:10 AM

Just an FYI:

The Annual Aviation Nation shows have been going on this weekend. Over 250k people showed up for that from all over the country. That just finished up today.