Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 01:32 AM

Default Have you ever \"screwed someone over\" and had to deal with it later?

OOT,

Have you ever done something, maybe crappy (in your eyes, only in theirs, or both) to someone, that they've later remembered, and have it come back to bite you in the ass later? The story I'm about to lay out made me wonder if it'd happened to anyone else.

So I go out last night for a friend's birthday party. Carpool in Ballston, for those that are familiar. We have a good drunken night of darts and pool, and me and my girlfriend are ready to go home. We call blue top cab, and the guy answers "be there in 15 minutes." Well, 5 minutes later a cab comes that is NOT blue top, and we take it, because, well, finders keepers and all that [censored]. The blue top guy calls when I'm halfway home and says "your cab is outside of carpool," and I tell him I've found alternate transportation. from there you can put two and two together, he was pretty pissed off at me...get it? 2 and 2? 2+2? "lol."

Anyways, fast forward to the next night (tonight). I'm pregaming, drinking with some people, and we want to go out in downtown DC. we're in Arlington, VA, which means we have to take metro or cabs, and we choose cabs. I call blue top since it's saved in my phone, and after a while the guy picks up and says "address and phone number." I give it to him, and he says, "kevin?" I say yes, and he says "you screwed me over last night [censored]" to which I have to only laugh, hang up the phone, and find different transportation to DC for the evening.

So, my questions to you beeyotches:
Have you ever done something possibly crappy to someone and had to deal with the consequences later?

If you call a cab (or make another similar not-very-binding social arrangement) to what degree are you obligated to keep said appointment?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Have you ever \"screwed someone over\" and had to deal with it later

Figuring that when you call a cab, that is how they make money, so it's only courtesy.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Have you ever \"screwed someone over\" and had to deal with it later

"lol" indeed...

I havent really screwed anyone over, but it's happened to me and if the opportunity for revenge comes along I'll be more than happy to take it, I think most people feel the same way for non-petty injustices
Old 11-11-2006, 02:52 AM

Do these cabs regularly show up? I'm used to cabs lying for a few calls and then admitting that they have no intention of picking you up, so I'm forced to call other cab companies anyhow.

If that's the case in your neck of the woods, I wouldn't view your initial play as screwing them over. If they're typically reliable, then yeah you screwed up.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:34 PM

DMB,

A cab is coming to pick you up in 15 min and you jump in another cab after 5? That is a complete POS move. On top of that, not calling to cancel after you f over this cabbie is a super POS move.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DMB,

A cab is coming to pick you up in 15 min and you jump in another cab after 5? That is a complete POS move. On top of that, not calling to cancel after you f over this cabbie is a super POS move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention there's an excellent chance that you screwed over not just the cabbie but also whoever called for that first cab.

I thought your story was going to end with the dispatcher pretending not to remember you, and then screwing you by not sending you a cab at all.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought your story was going to end with the dispatcher pretending not to remember yo, and then screwing you by not sending ou a cab at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

word up. what a lame OP. so you wasted someones time and money and then you had to admit to it over the phone at no real inconveniece to you? wow, man. rough break. it would have been a good story if the cabbie picked you up, drove you to bumblefuck nowhere and told you to get out. then said your girlfriend looks like a hog.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:04 PM

One time I screwed over El Diablo and it's haunted me ever since.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:15 PM

I did call to cancel the cab, he didn't pick up. in my drunken writing of this post, I forgot to include that.

and yeah, it's not like they're ever late, or ever don't send the right number of cabs, or ever don't show up and don't call, so yeah I feel like a real dick here......
Old 11-12-2006, 01:04 AM

that's what you get for not living in new york. "calling a cab". lolament.