Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 07:20 PM

Default 36k checkup

Just started playing limit and my graph is as follows. I just came off quite a large downswing in NL and decided to play some limit after reading a lot of posts and some parts of SSHE

First half of hands,

Second half,

Can anyone help me analyze these stats? Is this normal varience after already coming off of a downswing? I'm pretty dishearted and wanted to make it to 3/6 limit after 100k hands at 1/2. I think my main problem is figuring out when to call down and when to toss my marginal hands... I'm fine at calculating odds and stuff.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Re: 36k checkup

Biggest gapping hole: WTSD ~ 27%. You need to stop folding so much postflop. A lot of the money you are losing is from either folding winners or not peeling flops/turns with enough equity to do so.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:10 PM

You might like to repost this in micro-limit. You might get better, more appropriate responses in there...

I agree with Hobbs that the most obvious problem is your WTSD is too low.

Also, I think you could steal raise a bit more. I also think you possibly aren't defending your blinds enough to steals.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:53 AM

I just looked at my own WTSD... Its 40!! Aiya? Im not a stat man, but does this make me a peeling machine??

To th OP, that is a massive swing, but as I remember 1/2 is a knife fighting grind. just relax. play to win $$$ not to move up, thats what I say to myself anyway [i just wanna get to 30/60] lol

JT
Old 11-11-2006, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just looked at my own WTSD... Its 40!! Aiya? Im not a stat man, but does this make me a peeling machine??

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, a WTSD of 40 is too high. I don't like the idea of playing for ideal stats either. However, I think it indicates your aren't folding postflop enough. I think it should be closer to 30. I suppose it depends on your style of play and the games you are playing...

FWIW, I played many hands over about six months with a WTSD of around 40. I was beating the games half-decently too. However, when my game changed to include more postflop folding when beat, my win rate did improve...
Old 11-11-2006, 12:37 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post2129882

I'd guess the winning players now are on the high end of WTSD compared to the mean reported above. I think the last time I played full ring I was around 34 or 35.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:14 PM

My WtSD is a hair under 37% for my last 100k FR hands. I'm a bit of a showdown monkey at times, but I do a'ight in the results category.