Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 04:02 PM

Default wow...i don\'t like the sound of this!

[ QUOTE ]

... we are pleased to announce the creation of a special, limited-time affiliate promotion designed to help grow our international player base.

The Full Tilt Poker Affiliate Team

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: wow...i don\'t like the sound of this!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

... we are pleased to announce the creation of a special, limited-time affiliate promotion designed to help grow our international player base.

The Full Tilt Poker Affiliate Team

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing, but I also read this during the whole Tribeca thing. Bad timing I guess.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 PM

Abandon ship!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:44 PM

it is probably just a sensible thing to do...they seem pretty committed to the usa market.

of course the only thing we can do is wait and see. if you remember the scare when paypal quit, this is very likely going to blow over and things will end up better, not worse.

the bad part is that sites may feel they need to maximize profits for a short term run instead of getting in a more competitive mode of reducing prices and increasing service and promotions.

i have already heard from relatively reliable sources that crypto will be more open to people who may have spent some time in the usa, but think they might want to be out of the country long enough to pick up checks, or some other work around.

i heard from a party rep that it was likely to take six to 9 months before party got things worked out to be back in usa...

the future bet sites are moving to a location that poker addict has figured out and the republicans got their hands slapped in the last election.

i would say things will settle down...although i am curious as to what prima's mid-range plans are! i wouldn't be surprised to find one of the betholdem associates around soon.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the future bet sites are moving to a location that poker addict has figured out and the republicans got their hands slapped in the last election.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh? My first guess is going to be right? Won't that be quite the family.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:04 PM

strange bedfellows...but i think quite goot match...just wish they could agree on dealt cards rake...right now they are still doing contributed.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:00 AM

I find this quite worrisome....seems like FT is preparing for an eventual pull-out of the U.S. market, or the very least hedging their bets.

It's like they're signaling....get some European players or you're gonna be left in the dust. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2006, 01:06 AM

They have no choice but to bail, especially with all of those pros on the payroll. Their software provider is developed by Full Tilt Ware which is located in Los Angeles. Just a matter of time the feds go knocking on their door, if they are not already getting some pressure.

I guess we will find out mid 2007. If they bail the USA, they might as well shut down. With all of these sites chasing non-Americans, only the strong brands will survive, i.e. Party.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:17 AM

Yeah...I hope it's later than sooner, they should hold out as long as possible
Old 11-19-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the number 1 issue that hurt them, according to exit polls, was corruption. Biggest corruption scandal? Questionable ties to gambling interests. Not sure how this helps online poker. Seems, in fact, to have been the same thing that gave the anti-gambling crowd a window to get the UIGEA passed.

And lets keep in mind that conservatives (mostly not the libertarian types, either) in both parties did well in this election, while the more liberal candidates turned in anemic performances. None of this looks like the direction we want for online poker.