Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Always play best after big losing session, I know the reason, but..

When on a upswing or just having many winning days in a row i'm always really close tilt, like if I notice im down 0.5% of my pokeroll I will almost allways go and try to get on green for the day, most of the time it obviously happens, but those times it doesent it comes really expensive because im basicly martingaling myself. Stupid I know, but lets not concentrate on that.

I find it that I play way way better after having one of those huge meltdowns that cost me 10% or w/e of my roll. And the reason is very simple: after that I dont care about money for a while and just play as good as I can.
When winning over a longer period I'm always very focused on exactly how much $$$ I got. I know it shouldnt matter, but for some reason I cant ignore it when on a good run.

So what I'm asking here is how do you ignore the money completely. I feel equally bad if im down $150 for the day or $10000, but after certain limit I stop caring so how do I maintain the mindset of not caring about money.
I just went through the records and all my biggest(Cash game) days have come have been the very next day of losing a huge amount.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Always play best after big losing session, I know the reason, but..

[ QUOTE ]
I find it that I play way way better after having one of those huge meltdowns that cost me 10% or w/e of my roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

10% isn't really a huge meltdown. It's about a session buy in.

b
Old 11-10-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Always play best after big losing session, I know the reason, but.

It is for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And I mean it more like a mental meltdown.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:01 AM

Don't look at your day to day results. Don't check your poker account balance. Don't open poker tracker to see how much you are up or down. Of course i not saying don't EVER look, just don't look every time you play. If that is hard for you, set certain days you can look at these balances. Like at the end of every week, or the 15th and 30th of every month.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't look at your day to day results. Don't check your poker account balance. Don't open poker tracker to see how much you are up or down. Of course i not saying don't EVER look, just don't look every time you play. If that is hard for you, set certain days you can look at these balances. Like at the end of every week, or the 15th and 30th of every month.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Always play best after big losing session, I know the reason, but..

I always am the most hungry just before I eat.